Updated injury list | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Updated injury list

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
11:02:15 AM Mon 5 May, 2003

Justin Blumfield Rec fem muscle 5 - 7 weeks
Brad Ottens Back 7 - 8 weeks
Wayne Campbell Calf 1 - 2 weeks
Matthew Richardson Hamstring 2 weeks
Clinton King Knee Test
Matthew Shir Rec fem muscle 1 week
Ben Holland Rec fem strain 1 - 2 weeks
Adam Houlihan Hamstring 2 - 3 weeks
Andrew Mills Hamstring 1 - 2 weeks

There seems ot be a lot of hamstrings and upper leg muscles being torn. I think something in the training regime needs to be addressed to fix this. These soft tissue injuries should not occur that regularly.

I think we have the longest injury list in the league at the moment.

Might be time for a new conditioning coach.

Our fitness coach is Dr Noel Duncan - who is one of the best going around. Soft tissue injuries are more of a case of over eager players overdoing it, and fatigue from the weekends games.

Noel was also the fitness coach of the Victorian Cricket team last season and if you recall they had a number of injuries early last season also. Coincidence? Not sure but we seem to have a lot of players out with Soft Tissue injuries at the moment.

exactly right RR. Overeagerness. The campbells and the richo's are not being adequately supported out there by a handful of passangers and therefore need to do that little bit extra to carry them.