BUY A MEMBERSHIP AND GET A PHONE | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BUY A MEMBERSHIP AND GET A PHONE

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
For those who are thinking about signing up, Richmond's new sponsor Motorola have promised a free phone valued at $300 with the next 1000 memberships sold.

I was going to wait until we beat port and then the dons but this is an offer to good to refuse.... trouble is there is no mention of it on their website and the lines are closed for the night.... otherwise my sis and I would both sign up!

on second thoughts.. no doubt this offer is connected some stupid plan etc so I will wait until we have the wins as stated earlier.

I've also heard that for the 21,000+ people who have done the right thing and already bought a membership, theywill also be rewarded. I've been told that they will also receive a phone IF they move across from there current phone carrier and commence a new contract. The club will be announcing more details next week.

I am not privvy to all the details folks.

But can confirm that next week (5/5/03 - 9/5/03) the Club is launching a very big membership drive.

The phones sound like a good idea to me.

Very good sponsor is Motorola. Must hang onto to them !!!!!!!!!!!

I know I sound like a broken record but to all those who haven't re-signed or signed up please do it the Club needs you. And I reckon its fair to say that what alot of you were asking for (e.g. hard at it footy and real go by the team) is what you have been given so far. Alot of people said they'd wait and see how they went over the first few weeks. Well I think they've gone OK.

So maybe the time is now.

I also thought I'd wait until I saw how the Yellow and Black would go against Port & the Dons, but then I thought that's a bit weak, the club needs us now not just when we are travelling well, so I just did it.

We have to support our team otherwise we might not be there in the future. It's too easy for the Adelaide's etc. of this world. As the saying goes, if you can afford it , just do it!! Then the enjoyment of the wins over Port and Essendon will be even better.

Tenacious Tiges said:
I also thought I'd wait until I saw how the Yellow and Black would go against Port & the Dons, but then I thought that's a bit weak, the club needs us now not just when we are travelling well, so I just did it.

We have to support our team otherwise we might not be there in the future. It's too easy for the Adelaide's etc. of this world. As the saying goes, if you can afford it , just do it!! Then the enjoyment of the wins over Port and Essendon will be even better.

Well said Tenacious Tiges.

Also I fogot to mention - RFC Memberships are still great value because we have only played 2 homes games. An 11 game m'ship will get you into the remaining 9. In other words you aint lost that much

Good to hear your sentiments Tenacious. I hope there's a lot more supporters out there thinking along the same lines.

The last thing we need is for complacency amongst our supporters or, even worse, apathy.

Our Club is strong because of the number of people who support it. Let's remember that. But how much better and stronger could it be if those supporters became members? We can only imagine.

I know we haven't had much to cheer about for a long time, but all I know is that my Club could no more be without me than I could be without it.

So I'll always buy a membership ... no matter what. That's not to say I don't understand those who choose not to. It's up to the individual. But, for anyone out there, I'd be more than grateful if you could find it in your heart to more than just support our footy Club with your voice.

I don't need a bribe to take out a membership. Been a paid up member since 1987 when I bought a 5 year membership. Paid a full membership every rear since (had reserved seats for a while) gave it up when my flat mate married by girlfriend and converted her to Essendon support ( although she now apparently supports Brissie).

Kept every membership card as well. Used to even have them in my wallet. Bought our trivia team and extra 20 points at a RFC trivia night once. Asked for someone to supply last years membership card for 5 points. I bought out 8 years worth.

However I think this is a worthwhile method of getting those who haven't purchased a membership in years to sign on. Plus the fact that 7 games is the break even point for the membership ticket getting you into the match. After that you are loosing money. Our big push should be at the Essendon game for at that point we will be 5-1 and people should be taking us seriously. They will need a membership card just to get into games. ;D

Lets ROAR

Khan

I dont understand why people need ot wait to see how the team performs to purchase a membership. Doenst make sense to em. The only reason i have nt in the past is because of financial purposes, this year i can afford it so i got it.

Supporters who can afford to get any type of membership, even on the bench really should. I love my club too much and the enjoyment they have given me in the past (even through losing seasons, jsut following this great club is an honour) i feel it is the right thing to do.

I can say this is not fiction but fact. i just bought my membership and they told me a phone would be sent out in the mail with my membership. a motorola C330 its on no plans or anything its just a phone

Supporters who need to be bribed to become members are a disgrace. You can either afford to be a member or not. Obviously these guys are in it for the phone and are not in it for the membership.

DragicevicFan said:
Good to have you on board Tigachikk

Were you just late renewing or a new member to the club?

Thanks DF

I'm a new member to the club, just moved from interstate and havent been able to get one before now

Harry said:
Supporters who need to be bribed to become members are a disgrace. You can either afford to be a member or not. Obviously these guys are in it for the phone and are not in it for the membership.

I say each to their own. At the end of the day it's all bucks for the RFC. For me I missed out on a phone that I probably don't need anyway so stiff for me. I just want to support my club, that's the most important thing. Maybe some people need more goading.

Harry said:

Let me just make it clear to everyone i didn't buy a membership just for the phone, it was purely a coinsidence. ive only just bought it because of financial reasons. the membership was something i wanted but other things had to be paid for before hand. i also have a perfectly good working phone so its not like i wanted one. so b4 anyone jumps to conclusions i wasnt bribed as some may say

Good on ya Tiga Chikk,

You're a member now and that's all that counts!!! ;)

I think it's a bit rich to say that if you bought a membership to get a phone it's a disgrace. Generally only 2 things would stop a Richmond supporter buying a membership, laziness or finances. If you couldn't afford ( or justify the expense of ) a membership, or you were unable to get to games, the phone may sway you.
I tend to agree that the majority of those who do get a membership because of the phone are not fair dinkum, however there are others who are. It's great of Motorola and it's nice to increase membership, but I'm not sure it will lead to many long term members.