VFL Practice match Tiges vs Bombers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Practice match Tiges vs Bombers

Samson and Hugo very prominent/ Promising
Marlion killing them as he should
Martyn , Ross, RCD doing the midfield loads
Naish playing well on the wing
Garthwaite as a forward is of interest
Essendon playing several under 18 players from the Jets and Cannons

Didn't we draft Garthy as a forward?

Sam Tucker kicked 3 goals.

Sam Tucker | Key Defender/Forward
07/01/2002 | 197cm/87kg

A swingman of sorts, Tucker is one who was poised to make a big impact in 2020 with a full NAB League season. He is a solid marker of the ball who can impact at either end of the ground, but looked to be settling nicely into a key defensive role. He is already a nice size for it, too.

Will be interesting to see how he tracks through the year. I'm sure there will be several stories like this where the VFL picks up players that "may" have made it onto an AFL list in normal times. Certainly has started well and is a really good size.

Reactions: 1 user
Sam Tucker kicked 3 goals.

Sam Tucker | Key Defender/Forward
07/01/2002 | 197cm/87kg

A swingman of sorts, Tucker is one who was poised to make a big impact in 2020 with a full NAB League season. He is a solid marker of the ball who can impact at either end of the ground, but looked to be settling nicely into a key defensive role. He is already a nice size for it, too.

Is he the Essendon player we bid on?

I don't think so. He'd be on an AFL list if we did.
Nah, a hopeful draft prospect who wasn't taken by anyone apparently so playing VFL with us to come under notice, I'd say.

Incidentally, Caesar or anyone else, any idea what young Green is doing now he didn't get that last list spot? Has he returned to NSW? Didn't seem to get a mention in this praccy game today.

Ok don't know how this will go folks but I have someone at the ground who is sending through snippets so will try to relay them on:

Only 8 minutes in and he's said "jeez JNR is good" 4 possessions in first 8 minutes.

Marlion moving well playing half back.
Egg Half back
Biggie full back.
Hugo and Naish Wing
Garthwaite forward

Current scores:

3.0 Essendon
1.2 Richmond

Steve Morris backline coach for our VFL side.
thanks for the report Cezza.
It sounds like MoJunior started so well. Any news how he did after the fast start?

Thanks for the reports, good to hear some of our young players are doing well.

Geez, we really missed the VFL game time last year. The comment above about RCD getting better as the game went on is revealing, sounds like he, and others, need game time.

DS

thanks for the report Cezza.
It sounds like MoJunior started so well. Any news how he did after the fast start?
I think he must have been pretty quiet after that as he didn't feature in reports back to me.

A
I think he must have been pretty quiet after that as he didn't feature in reports back to me.
Any noise about Dow?
Reckon he’s A grade potential but wonder whether the club played him too early? Confuses player and supporters regarding where they’re at.

Any noise about Dow?
Reckon he’s A grade potential but wonder whether the club played him too early? Confuses player and supporters regarding where they’re at.
Only that Dow worked his way into the game as it wore on. Ross was a bull and the pick of mids I believe?

Nah, a hopeful draft prospect who wasn't taken by anyone apparently so playing VFL with us to come under notice, I'd say.

Incidentally, Caesar or anyone else, any idea what young Green is doing now he didn't get that last list spot? Has he returned to NSW? Didn't seem to get a mention in this praccy game today.
I've read Green was always going back to GWS to play in their ressies this year if not picked up which may explain his absence