VFL Tiges v Dogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Tiges v Dogs

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I think the scorer has also had some as they've given a goal to the Dogs when it was us that scored it.
AFL Website shows same margin. Commentators are saying the other way?? Confused.

Now AFL one is fixed. 42-73 not 36-79

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bauer 14 disp, 5 marks. Is this move a sign that he will debut soon?

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Bauer showing he has a football brain by seamlessly slotting into the backline. Very smart footballer that just needs to continue building his fitness and strength. Just leave him up forward please

Reactions: 3 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Decent result considering we lost our full forward, ruckman and full back to injury in the first quarter. Good to see the second half fight back

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bauer showing he has a football brain by seamlessly slotting into the backline. Very smart footballer that just needs to continue building his fitness and strength. Just leave him up forward please
Yep, I reckon he'll be called up soon for his 1st game.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Hopefully we hear post game from Steve Morris about the thinking behind shifting Bauer down back today. Especially with Bradtke off injured early, keeping him down back was a strange call.. Caesar said he trained with the forwards group all week as well:unsure:

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
In a very lacklustre game largely due to rain and wind & them having more mature bodies, Bauer was the only real positive.

Thought Miller tried hard in ruck but desperately needs a goal kicking routine based on generating momentum in the run up.

Ross was ok, but rest of AFL listed players (not that there were many) were poor. Banks in particular fumbled too much for me.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Decent result considering we lost our full forward, ruckman and full back to injury in the first quarter. Good to see the second half fight back
Effort was there, just lack of polish which the wet & windy conditions didn’t help. Miller contested well in the ruck which helped.

For a good around the ground & field kick, his goal kicking is terrible.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Im worried MRJ has had his game completely wiped by the demand to chase, chase in the seniors. Seems to have forgotten how to play football and first instinct is to just chase the opponent instead of trying to create
I think you will find MJ has never been able to find a lot of the ball, it ain't the coaches that have taken that away from him they have in fact sent him back to find it which he was unable to today when it was a ground ball game.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
In a very lacklustre game largely due to rain and wind & them having more mature bodies, Bauer was the only real positive.

Thought Miller tried hard in ruck but desperately needs a goal kicking routine based on generating momentum in the run up.

Ross was ok, but rest of AFL listed players (not that there were many) were poor. Banks in particular fumbled too much for me.
Correct.
The main takeaway from today is that Bauer has AFL ability.
Will play seniors although slightly concerned with foot speed.
Miller contested well and can hold his head up.
The other AFL listed players were below VFL standard today. Ball handling, decision making and footskills in particular were very disappointing.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Correct.
The other AFL listed players were below VFL standard today. Ball handling, decision making and footskills in particular were very disappointing.
Banks and Green were good in the middle.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Correct.
He’s a similar size to Jack, a few kgs lighter. If he has the smarts and the ability to play both ends of the grounds, those are some pretty handy traits

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Bauer played as a defender as a junior while at the Swans' academy. I believe it was when he moved to the SANFL he was used as a forward, which obviously caught the attention of Richmond

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Banks and Green were good in the middle.
Not in the game I watched.
Both fumbled, missed targets and made poor decisions.
Granted Banks looks good on the outside when he has time but not showing much on the inside. Green had no time or space and gave away countless free kicks for overly aggressive tackle attempts.
Bulldogs McPherson and Sullivan gave them a footballing lesson

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
So no selection pressure applied to the seniors for tonight then....................................................