VFL v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL v Blues

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Half time 7.5 45 to 1.6 12 up.

Dow Ryan Clarke playing so Ross will be sub.

Pitanouet rucking for Blues.

Surprisingly no rucking for Samson, Biggie and a VFL boy doing it.

Juddy really good and involved in both Ryan's goals which he snapped both from about 30 m out in general play.

So Juddy and Samson great so far.

Hugo has been good.

Cumberland nice mark and goal from 50, has been fair.

Dow getting a lot of ball but still can't kick which is a crying shame.

McDonough off half back and a couple of stints in middle have been great.

Banks Quiet.

Sonsie fair.

Young has done some good things and a couple where i thought i am glad he is not on Curnow or McKay tonight, still a bit raw.

That's it I have left the ground.

Reactions: 31 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just got back to ground Carlton kicked 7 goals to our 2, now only 3 points in it.
Their Dow now puts them in front

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Juddy and Ryan not playing last qtr so don't know if they played 3rd either?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Young off with ankle injury left ankle iced and on crutches
We lost 86 to 81.

• Angry

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Young off with ankle injury left ankle iced and on crutches
We lost 86 to 81.
Looks like the curse is on us this season. Just hope we don't do a West Coast and lose the season early.

• Dislike

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Watched this game and noted the following:

Dow was BOG for mine racking up possessions through the middle. His disposal was quite good also. He is developing very nicely as an inside player. Becoming a ready made replacement.

Sonie was excellent also racking up possessions. His run from contest to contest was eye catching. I would expect him to play in the AFL side next week or the week after. Got tired in the second half.

Clarke was good without being outstanding in my view. His link play was important and his goal assist work was excellent as always. He has improvements coming.

Banks finally show signs of an AFL player that I hadn't seen before. He was very good on the wing and across half back to help. Positive signs.

Green will be a great Richmond player. Those who compared him to Baker are spot on. He is a Baker clone 100%. Has very good evasive skills.

Ryan was a class above the VFL today but only played 2 quarters and I missed the first 10 minutes of the first quarter. Definitely ready for the AFL now and at some stage Jack will have to be rested to give Samson games. This must happen in my view. He is the future and must play at least 10 games this year.

Bradtke was underwhelming in my view during this game. Having said that it is early days and he has plenty of time on his side. I was just a little disappointed that he didn't complete hard enough at times. No doubt he is adapting to VFL/AFL standard. He will get better.

Nyuon was ok without being a stand out. Played ok but nothing that stood out or AFL quality.

Young injured his ankle later in the game but his output was similar to Nyuon. Nothing special on the day.

Ralphsmith was my disappointment on the day but probably because I expect more from him. He had an okish standard game. As a player pushing for an AFL spot he needs to show more. We still need to see him dominate a VFL game like up and coming players do. Dow showed those signs today.

Overall the signs were very positive remembering that it was only a practice match. We certainly have good talent in the wings....

Reactions: 12 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
My take:

We dominated the first half, despite the umps pulling goals off Cumberland at least twice. Then we pulled a couple of players off for the AFL and dropped badly.

First half :

Cumberland was good forward, but took a lot of centre bounces, and seemed a little hesitant and too slow to make a decision in the middle.

Ryan played as a forward, no rucking at all. He was massive, a big marking presence. Kicked maybe 3? for the half, but created a few others bringing the ball to ground. Was super sharp with ground balls and link play too. I'm sold, he should be playing firsts. Doing everything you need from a 206 cm.

Juddy Clarke was another standout with ball use and running. His creativity by foot created another bunch of opportunities and goals. I'd have him in or if not, he'd be a perfect sub.

Tylar young was close to our best. Strong, composed, great kicking and didn't lose a contest. Unfortunately looks to have copped a serious (syndesmosis?) ankle injury late.

Dow was huge in the mid, had a great game, but still can't use the ball. Reminds me of Dylan Shiel.

Before warming into it in the second half, Sonsie looked very underdone, seemed to be limping a bit and labouring to accelerate.

A couple of VFL blokes played well too. Didn't see much of Steely though he was wondering around the mid. But we cut them up through our ball use.

The second half was no good. Ryan and Clarke were taken out and we lost a lot of structure.

The only shining light was Sonsie had a great third quarter and I think will be an automatic selection whenever he's fully match fit. Looks like Pendlebury at VFL level. Did drop away again in the 4th.

Kaelan Bradtke has a country physique and will need a lot of work to play firsts.

Reactions: 9 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Thanks cracker and coburg.

We will need these players to step up at some time during the season. Would love to see at least a dozen games into Ryan, So Sonsie and Juddy will get plenty of games also and hopefully Green and Banks get a taster during the season - not sure how we will do this but we need our youth to step up and start to push our seniors out.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
And for the guys fighting for that last spot on the list or get noticed to be lucky enough to become a mid-season draft pick, I've got nothing for U Didoro :bash

Harrison White number 56, from my memory has kicked 3 goals three games back, 1 last week, two again Thursday night, looks a ready made Castagna type Flanker IMO, I've really got good wraps on this kid.

Lachie Johnson similar ilk, kicked two versus the Roos in that 5th/6th quarter practice match, one the next week versus the Dees, then 4 last week, another one Thursday night. He is another goal getting Forward Pocket type player as well.

Lachie Johnson is the son of ex-Lions star and premiership player Chris Johnson, get him in, he's a footballer not an athlete, and Harrison White too!! :eyes

Harrison White - 56
1679125154561.png

Lachie Johnson - 59
Hope none of the 'get rid of the hair dye Bolton' guys see LJ's hair style :LOL:
But he's a ripping kid, good luck to him :eyes

1679125266290.png
1679125435627.png
The Old Man and The Gun!! :))

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looks like the curse is on us this season. Just hope we don't do a West Coast and lose the season early.
After theie (the WCE's) *smile* poor effort for most of today against the Kangas they look like they are a chance of folding up 23 pretty quickly if things dont go their way in the next couple.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
After theie (the WCE's) *smile* poor effort for most of today against the Kangas they look like they are a chance of folding up 23 pretty quickly if things dont go their way in the next couple.
It's the Harley Reid Tanking championship in 2023 for several teams I think.