VFL v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL v Blues

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dow was huge in the mid, had a great game, but still can't use the ball. Reminds me of Dylan Shiel.

Thought his brother Paddy was BOG for the 3 quarters I saw, kicked 4 goals didn't he and a truckload of possessions.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ryan was a class above the VFL today but only played 2 quarters and I missed the first 10 minutes of the first quarter. Definitely ready for the AFL now and at some stage Jack will have to be rested to give Samson games. This must happen in my view. He is the future and must play at least 10 games this year.
Samson is looking bloody good ain't he :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Watched this game and noted the following:

Dow was BOG for mine racking up possessions through the middle. His disposal was quite good also. He is developing very nicely as an inside player. Becoming a ready made replacement.

Sonie was excellent also racking up possessions. His run from contest to contest was eye catching. I would expect him to play in the AFL side next week or the week after. Got tired in the second half.

Clarke was good without being outstanding in my view. His link play was important and his goal assist work was excellent as always. He has improvements coming.

Banks finally show signs of an AFL player that I hadn't seen before. He was very good on the wing and across half back to help. Positive signs.

Green will be a great Richmond player. Those who compared him to Baker are spot on. He is a Baker clone 100%. Has very good evasive skills.

Ryan was a class above the VFL today but only played 2 quarters and I missed the first 10 minutes of the first quarter. Definitely ready for the AFL now and at some stage Jack will have to be rested to give Samson games. This must happen in my view. He is the future and must play at least 10 games this year.

Bradtke was underwhelming in my view during this game. Having said that it is early days and he has plenty of time on his side. I was just a little disappointed that he didn't complete hard enough at times. No doubt he is adapting to VFL/AFL standard. He will get better.

Nyuon was ok without being a stand out. Played ok but nothing that stood out or AFL quality.

Young injured his ankle later in the game but his output was similar to Nyuon. Nothing special on the day.

Ralphsmith was my disappointment on the day but probably because I expect more from him. He had an okish standard game. As a player pushing for an AFL spot he needs to show more. We still need to see him dominate a VFL game like up and coming players do. Dow showed those signs today.

Overall the signs were very positive remembering that it was only a practice match. We certainly have good talent in the wings....
From memory Richardson changed position to allow Riewoldt time as a key forward this should happen with Ryan so he can play with Lynch

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ryan Sampson ? Sure. But watch out for the Steel Curtain. He’ll be the real “pleasant surprise” of the group by the end of the year.