VFL Werribee V Tigers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Werribee V Tigers

tiger_25

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2004
craig said:
Token female Boundary rider on the VFL coverage what is she on work experience or what.

It was Ellie Blackburn. Captained the Bulldogs AFLW side in their premiership the other week.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Like i said token female Boundary rider.

Forget about more experienced professional, polished and informed VFL commentators.

The PC media push with token female presenters and commentators in every media outlet is becoming nauseus and in many cases ruining shows (see AFL and NRL Footy Shows) and broadcasts and making them unwatchable and unlistenable.

This agenda will backfire on these outlets and TV and radio outlets and networks.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
DirtyDogTiger said:
Our vfl team is pretty impressive and we are 7 players down

Rioli
Towner
Ellis
Hampson
Rioli
Baker
Smith

Well 6 if you don't count the other Rioli we don't have yet. ;D

What today really highlighted for me was that we need the next generation of pure midfielders in the draft next year. We have nothing in that area (well C Ellis but :-X )
Both inside and inside/outside. Yes I know we have Graham in the 1's but if he stays there we need the next lot developing in the 2's.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
From limited viewing lloyd garth menadue chol and stengle were good.

CCJ looks a real prospect

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Tigerdog said:
Well 6 if you don't count the other Rioli we don't have yet. ;D

What today really highlighted for me was that we need the next generation of pure midfielders in the draft next year. We have nothing in that area (well C Ellis but :-X )
Both inside and inside/outside. Yes I know we have Graham in the 1's but if he stays there we need the next lot developing in the 2's.

Spot on Tigerdog. We have lots of outside runners and small forwards but we need the next Dusty Cotchins to come through.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
From limited viewing lloyd garth menadue chol and stengle were good.

CCJ looks a real prospect

Pretty much on the mark there H.

VFL listed guys went well today also, Ballard, Wood, Aarts, Grewar all did well too.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
craig said:

Forget about more experienced professional, polished and informed VFL commentators.

The PC media push with token female presenters and commentators in every media outlet is becoming nauseus and in many cases ruining shows (see AFL and NRL Footy Shows) and broadcasts and making them unwatchable and unlistenable.

This agenda will backfire on these outlets and TV and radio outlets and networks.
No, it won't. It's already catering to the growing number of women watching the game. It might be low-quality right now, but it isn't costing them viewers (disgruntled dudes keep watching anyway, and angry letters and posts don't actually affect revenue) and I'm sure they are aware it's going to take a while to find the right people with the right experience to match it with the men.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
craig said:

there are many many posts on here baggin many male commentators and 'journos' with the general consensus most are rubbish. a commentator if the VFL is ordinary and somehow she is a 'token female' and making the footy unwatchable??

i assume when you reference the AFL footy show you are talking about Maddern? is she any worse that Newman or Craig Hutchinson?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Complaining a boundary rider is keeping out experienced and professional commentators..... so Basil Dwayne and BT have set the bar high?
Seriously there is no prpblem with females talking about footy.
Hopefully they are more competent than Darcy

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
tigerdell said:
Complaining a boundary rider is keeping out experienced and professional commentators..... so Basil Dwayne and BT have set the bar high?
Seriously there is no prpblem with females talking about footy.
Hopefully they are more competent than Darcy

Agree it's VFL footy have to get there chance somewhere

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Mr Brightside said:
Not a bad commentator that Jason Bennet, calls the game an no bull sh!t.
Yeah, he’s pretty inoffensive, dull, but inoffensive.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigertim said:
Yeah, he’s pretty inoffensive, dull, but inoffensive.
I think I’m a bit different with commentators , the more bland the better for me. Most common thing I say when watching the footy is “ commentate the *smile* game you flog”

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
I think I’m a bit different with commentators , the more bland the better for me. Most common thing I say when watching the footy is “ commentate the *smile*in game you flog”
I'm with you Brightie, cannot stand the faux colour that they all try to produce, to make you not switch channels for fear you will miss the comeback of the century.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Don't car if you are man woman or anything else just give the job to the best person.
It's the same with anything in life if you are best for the job it's yours.
Not we need to have a percentage off.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Mr Brightside said:
There’s a lot of worse players on AFL lists then Sam Collins
Yeah, I thought he was ok. A good mark. A bit of your old school type full back.