voting poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

voting poll

who will get your vote

• labor

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • liberal

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • green

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • independent

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • other party

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • informal

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • donkey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
interested to see prenders' voting persuasions.

i am definitely not voting labor or liberal. tempted to vote informal out of protest but torn because we're lucky to have the privilege of voting. am selecting independent for the purpose of this poll. i rate one of the independent candidates. it probably won't make any difference in our liberal held electorate but it might help the person avoid costs.

I understand people being torn about voting informal. People did die for the right for us to vote after all. But then, I imagine those people would never have envisaged the sad state that Australia's political parties have slumped to.

Personally, I am thinking of voting for the Sex party.

I heard them interviewed the other day, and I support a number of their policies.

Oops.
I clicked Libs before seeing Informal on the list.
So add one to informal.
Not impressed with any of them, especially the Rudd Party.
And Abbott and Milne both leave me cold.
And I can never be sure if the I independents aren't plants for one of the major parties.
For example, at my recent Council elections the Mayor claimed to be an independent with no political ties.
Then months later he bobs up as the Liberal candidate for my seat.

Undecided but not liberal nor labor. Can't stand either bunch of childish career politicians and I don't like their policies (not that I know what the Liberals' policies are). Hoping for another hung parliament.

Last time I tried to ensure Labor got my vote where it counted but then I played fast and loose with the below the line section, mostly in favour of the sex party and putting the libs or family first last. This time they can all go to buggery but I refuse to donkey or vote informal as the winning party gets the benefit and I hate the idea of preference deals.

Tigers of Old said:
The Labor party lost my vote when they punted Gillard. Still I won't be voting for phoney Tony either.

The sex party?

Trent Cotchin?

Tigers of Old said:
The Labor party lost my vote when they punted Gillard. Still I won't be voting for phoney Tony either.

Tony will be a wrecking ball to both employment and the environment, unfortunately he's a dead certainty to get elected. Tragedy of the commons has never been more apt.

Just saw this video about voting for liberals. Abolute gold!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-mFowwGho
I'm sure 80% of Australians think he is great (but only 40% think he is being sarcastic).

This guy for PM!

rosy23 said:
tempted to vote informal out of protest but torn because we're lucky to have the privilege of voting.

Interesting you see it as a privilege when it's compulsory. Most people I have spoken to here in the UK where it's not, think the right to abstain is as important as the right to vote.

I don't have a preference either way. Just thought the two perspectives were interesting.

Luckily the Tiges are playing finals footy, and are providing a distraction to the soporific election campaign. For the first time in my life, I find myself disinterested in a federal election. Mostly due to my dislike of Rudd and of Abbott in equal measure. I will probably vote Greens as a protest against Labor's treatment of Gillard (Labor will get the preferences anyway).

poppa x said:
And I can never be sure if the I independents aren't plants for one of the major parties.

agree poppa. the good thing about the independent i'm voting for is that she isn't nominating preferences. she said people can decide that for themselves. go cathy.

Here's a rather drily funny summing up of the election:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23931928

Understanding its virtually a 2 horse race I'll be voting liberal. ALP have had their chance. Odd thing is that Libs can't possibly win tomorrow as no ne is voting for them...or admitting to it anyway ;).

Seems most here, in the workplace, social media are harshly anti Abbott so it must be an ALP victory tomorrow.........

I'm not voting. No point wasting my time to register a vote for anyone. I dont trust either party to run Australia effectively.