WEEK 2 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 2 FINALS 2021

Forced myself to watch most of it in the hope the handbaggers choke.
Think I dozed off 3 times.
The state of the game is probably the worst I’ve seen it.
The standard of umpiring seems to be getting worse. Clear bias in a lot of the decisions and non decisions. If these are 3 of the top 6 umpires at the moment then the game is in deep trouble.
The tv commentators..*smile* me!!!!
BT is clearly the worst. Worst prepared. Worst comments. Just bad. The amount of times he carries on about what a beautiful kick when players are having a shot at goal only for it to clearly miss or never look like going through was staggering ( not just this game but throughout the season). Then for him to sound surprised that it isn’t a goal is just mind blowing considering most times he’s commentated he’s watching a tv screen just like the rest of us. The worst is the amount of times he says “I don’t know how he got rid of that!” Is infuriating. If you don’t know the difference between a handball ( legal disposal), a throw (illegal disposal) or incorrect disposal, then you have no business calling a game of football and should give it away. Alternatively, if you know the umpire has made the wrong call but are too scared to actually say it, then you should give it away
On BT he clearly isn't a great commentator
but to be fair they clearly have rules to follow.
Think of it as an agreement between channel 7 and the AFL, which it clearly is and part of the contract to televise the matches.
So BT and the others are instructed not to call a free kick as wrong (or not as often as they are!)
So instead they talk around the free and not directly call it out.
Most commentators have set phrases which they constantly use, such as "I don't know how he got rid of that". In his own home BT probably throws a shoe and calls it a *smile* throw.
No doubt they are footy fans too with their biases and pet peeves.
BT hates the throws.
Carey hates the soft frees ("that was barely there", "they let a lot worse go")

More kitsch music between goals. What a bunch of chintzy, lame duds they are up there.

Reactions: 2 users
Gee Charlie Cameron is quick, he runs like he has just robbed a bank.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Cameron is causing HUGE problems. 3 goals. Would love a player like that..

Dogs Ruck is getting smashed.

Good standard of footy compared to last nights final.

Reactions: 2 users
"not 15" is the rule of the night i see

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Don’t know if both sides can keep this pace up ... frantic. Last few minutes both sides butches I50 entries.