Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

I dont think people understand how important this guys could be for us. Keep playing him, there is lots to work with and he's not half bad already!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I saw he was criticised for taking short steps. I saw what I think this was referring to and I don’t think his short step was from fear of getting hurt but more just being ultra careful not give away a free.

Reactions: 5 users
I'll take some more convincing, but am willing to be convinced. He showed definite improvement at times on Friday night.

Good to see, want Hugo to succeed but there is a way to go. Mind you, we have a few like this and if a couple of them make it we'll be in good shape.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
I had the pleasure of watching him and a few of the young tigers at the closed training session. Most of the team had gone in. Hugo, Sonsie and a Sam Banks (I think?), stayed behind and practised their kicking for goal from outside 50m. They wouldn't leave the track until all of them had kicked a long goal. To me, he is dedicated and will improve with longer stints in the 1sts.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I know it’s was an easy kick but the one where he got dusty on his own waltzing inside 50 was one in the past where he would just bomb it to the opposition outnumber and not even look inside due to lack of composure. This gives me hope.

The intercept marks late were also something new.

Needs to learn the easy chip in front of a leading forward.

Reactions: 3 users
Improving, but still lots to learn, like most 25 gamers I suppose.

Reactions: 1 users
I know it’s was an easy kick but the one where he got dusty on his own waltzing inside 50 was one in the past where he would just bomb it to the opposition outnumber and not even look inside due to lack of composure. This gives me hope.

The intercept marks late were also something new.

Needs to learn the easy chip in front of a leading forward.
Yep, just needs to build more muscle.

Watching him live he is not sure what to do when he hasn’t got the ball as far as running defensively.
Just as well he uses it so well and is so decisive when he has it

Keep playing him he’s slowly improving plus we need to find out who to keep at the end of the season.

Reactions: 1 user
Play Hugo on the wing let him run show what he can do
McIntosh *smile* up endlessly tonight

Reactions: 1 user
Play Hugo on the wing let him run show what he can do
McIntosh *smile* up endlessly tonight
Like trading in a Leyland P76 for a Lada. Neither are any good right now.

Why the hell didn't we send Hugo to GWS when they asked? Would have watered down what we paid for Taranto and Hopper.

Like trading in a Leyland P76 for a Lada. Neither are any good right now.

Why the hell didn't we send Hugo to GWS when they asked? Would have watered down what we paid for Taranto and Hopper.
Because we knew we could turn him into another HB :help