Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Haven’t loved a player like him since Merv Keane.
Pure class, cleverly disguised with blue collar workmanship

Reactions: 14 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Just about my favourite player. I bloody love him and his *smile* eating grin. He dragged us back into the game tonight and showed what forward pressure is all about and he uses the ball with class.

His interview on Fox after the game was funny too. He’s a bloody ripper.
Loved it when he was asked why his teammates were giving him grief, "maybe they just don't like me' he is a dead set ripper. After Bolton, he has to be priority to extend his contract.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He puts the saddle on them and literally leaps into the tackle.

The emergence of Mansell allows this.

Absolutely and as said he filled the Lambert role perfectly. Tackled hard, used the ball well, kicked a goal. Couldn't have asked for more.

If there is a male Richmond fan out there without a man crush on this guy, then they need their head looking at.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had a massive 73 pressure acts, 30 more than the next best Tiger. He was awesome. He changed the game.

Reactions: 4 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Played the small forward role perfectly and was instrumental in getting us back into the game. His effort and energy were both visible and contagious. The other small forwards could take note.......

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Frightening how good he has become.

Had to wait until pick 18 of the 2017 rookie draft before finding a home but on current form would sit comfortably amongst that years first round crop and it’s a pretty decent crop too.

Goes to show that in the end it doesn’t matter where you find them in the draft, just as long as you find them.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Frightening how good he has become.

Had to wait until pick 18 of the 2017 rookie draft before finding a home but on current form would sit comfortably amongst that years first round crop and it’s a pretty decent crop too.

Goes to show that in the end it doesn’t matter where you find them in the draft, just as long as you find them.
He was eligible for 2016 as well, TF. He's putting a number of that year's top-10 to shame too.

Reactions: 3 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
He played the lambert role and Shai played the Dusty role. Both amongst our bests
Probably put on a pair of faded jeans 2 sizes too small and played the Bon Scott role in an ACDC cover band after the game.

There's no role that those bloke can't excel in

• Love

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
You’re gay.
And so am I.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that
If this is where things are at.......Baker would be on my float for Mardi Gras. The man crush is real.

Maybe we can try him in the ruck, cause I don't think there's a role we've given him where he's failed to adapt.

So undervalued this kid.

Reactions: 1 user

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
we love him...an absolute A GRADER brilliant footballer....he dragged us back into that game...by golly he is amongst our top half a dozen most imporatnt players now...

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
I love his hard at the ball and tackling skills... some of his pick ups and receipt of the ball at full tilt are a pleasure to watch! So glad he was in the forward line on Friday night (makes up for Castagna's under performances of late) . Will be interesting to see how the magnets are moved by Hardwick when Prestia, Stack, Vlastuin, Martin, Lambert and Cotchin are back fighting fit. For me... I'd leave him be in the forward line, maybe some midfield time would be interesting to see as well!

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What impresses me is his ability to take his time and pick out a team mate further down the ground.

Plus, he never seems flustered and appears to almost every time have time to assess the situation.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Bakes is a bloody ripper
Would love to see him spending more time forward and on the ball.
Wish his energy, desire, intent, commitment and competitiveness could be bottled.