Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Yeah but West Coast wouldn't do it. Would be dead keen on Elijah Hewett. They might offer their second, which would be pick 20.
Take it and give it to GWS for Hopper

Out Baker
In Hopper

I can't believe he would leave & go to club that ignored him in 3 drafts.

We have suffered defensively every time Bakes gets asked to plug holes in the guts and up forward.

Please Dimma just play him in his best position.

Had a coffee with someone in the AFL world this morning. Their take on the Baker situation, if someone hasn't committed to a club by now they are gone.

I'm getting nervous. Would you trade Baker +19 for the WCE first pick?
disappointing to hear.
But i reckon he wont hit the same heights with another club.

Had a coffee with someone in the AFL world this morning. Their take on the Baker situation, if someone hasn't committed to a club by now they are gone.

I'm getting nervous. Would you trade Baker +19 for the WCE first pick?
Well I think Dusty didn’t re-sign until just before finals in 2017.
I‘m not in the afl world but I think each player is different, no general rule of thumb.

But hopefully he’s wrong. Maybe it’s just a case to see who among the senior brigade plays on, who will get cut., who we may be talking to coming in. We have quite a few OOC at years end.

List Management have a fair bit of work to do. Player contracts don’t run out for a few months yet. Still plenty of time.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah but West Coast wouldn't do it. Would be dead keen on Elijah Hewett. They might offer their second, which would be pick 20.
I reckon they offer 20 and threaten to walk him to the PSD.

Could get ugly.

I reckon they offer 20 and threaten to walk him to the PSD.

Could get ugly.
I'm in the camp that Baker will stay, that like Willo says above he's waiting to see which oldies go and how much is in the kitty (gamble on his behalf), but if he wanted to go I'd probably accept pick 20.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the camp that Baker will stay, that like Willo says above he's waiting to see which oldies go and how much is in the kitty (gamble on his behalf), but if he wanted to go I'd probably accept pick 20.
We got pick 19 for CCJ so not sure why you’d accept 20 for a gun like Baker?
Pick under 12 for mine or straight swap of picks for Hopper

Reactions: 3 users
Pick 20 is unders for Baker.

If Cerra can command pick 6 then that’s your starting point.

Because Baker is a far superior player than Cerra.

Reactions: 7 users
We got pick 19 for CCJ so not sure why you’d accept 20 for a gun like Baker?
Pick under 12 for mine or straight swap of picks for Hopper
Talls always pay overs. No way they'd swap Bakes for Hopper. I think Bakes will stay anyway.

Norf (over)paid ruck/key forward premium for CJ. They done *smile* up.
I still maintain pick 20 guarantees you nothing. Unless you get lucky.
Baker is a serious player. Comes with a guarantee.
No way should we accept the risk.

I still maintain pick 20 guarantees you nothing. Unless you get lucky.
Baker is a serious player. Comes with a guarantee.
No way should we accept the risk.
I was talking about if he wanted to go. We wouldn't have any leverage. Pick 20 is not unreasonable. We could ask for their third or second next year as well. But no way would pick 2 be involved, I doubt even if our first was, because WC will want Elijah Hewett and he'll be gone before our pick.

I was talking about if he wanted to go. We wouldn't have any leverage. Pick 20 is not unreasonable. We could ask for their third or second next year as well. But no way would pick 2 be involved, I doubt even if our first was, because WC will want Elijah Hewett and he'll be gone before our pick.
Not sure where pick 2 came from ?? but Baker is a heart and soul player who comes with an insatiable work ethic and epitomises the Richmond man culture.
Don’t reckon he’ll leave myself but I’d be driving a bargain that Dodorio would be embarrassed to ask for