Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Don't forget Baker was dropped very close to the finals last year from memory.

I'm sure he would have told himself that it wasn't going to happen again.
He was still building a tank – do you remember that aborted chase against (I think) Collingwood? He was also still a little off the pace of a finals-type game.

Another year and he has improved his stamina and composure. Still so much more improvement to come with him.

Reactions: 1 user
The second man in was late and it was a cheap shot with intent, I reckon.
Don't like that sort of stuff from any player

But we love Townsend spear tackling Couch into Level 2 of the AFL members?
Can’t have it both ways.
I don’t mind a bit of rough and tumble. All good fun ( until someone gets hurt )

Can’t have it both ways.
I don’t mind a bit of rough and tumble. All good fun ( until someone gets hurt )
As long as the Richmond player smiles and says something, like "is that your best shot"?

Been a revelation down back.

Master stroke by the coaches.

Love the kid. Tough as and can a good mark for his size.

Had my doubts as a back!

Reactions: 3 users
Can’t have it both ways.

From memory that was a one on one contest, wasn't it.
No problems with that.

Reactions: 1 users
From memory that was a one on one contest, wasn't it.
No problems with that.

Exactly.
Two speared tackled Baker in my eyes.
Dirty. They tried some rough stuff to get back into the game. Didn't unsettle Baker or the Tigers.

Thats ok.
Will go up a notch Saturday week.
Lets see then !

Exactly.
Two speared tackled Baker in my eyes.
Dirty. They tried some rough stuff to get back into the game. Didn't unsettle Baker or the Tigers.

Thats ok.
Will go up a notch Saturday week.
Lets see then !

Spot on, waiting.
The Tigers will shock and awe the Lions

There is a lot to like about Baker's game, particularly his composure. A smart footballer imo. Glad the club have signed him up for next year. Will surely keep improving.

Reactions: 3 users
Baker had some good moments, his height hurts in marking contests. Didn’t get overwhelmed by the Occassion he’s a real footballer. One of my favourites.

Real good player this kid. Still reckon he’d be better as a forward with mid rotation but you can’t knock what he’s doing in the backline.

Can't knock him for effort and ball use plus pretty hard at it at times although not quite in the Stack mode, still good enough to hold his place

Bakes is as composed as Stackman.

we pretty much got two little, tough, composed blokes for free

Moment that sums him up for me, running down the half back flank Stanley st side, got a smack in the chops, pretty hard too and took his head back a bit, just kept running, most players would have stopped and put a hand up to their jaw to make sure the ump saw it etc etc. Not Bakes, on with the job!

Reactions: 6 users
He did get the free, too, was called advantage. Not that it mattered, because Bakes barely broke stride as snake pointed out.

Not sold on this guy as a defender. Had a few shaky moments last night and gets beaten overhead by other smalls. Yeah he's tough and I like him, but he's one of our weakest links at this stage.