Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Our coaches dont seem to have that kind of Out of the Box thinking i am afraid - mores the pity

Yeah you’re right. 2 flags and top of the ladder in 2018 and our coaches don’t think out of the box. Give me a spell.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah you’re right. 2 flags and top of the ladder in 2018 and our coaches don’t think out of the box. Give me a spell.
I think it's accurate. Our coaches have been sensational, but we are a systems based team. Out of the box stuff like Baker into the middle rarely ever happens

don't like to be a I told you so, actually that is a complete lie, but i've been on bakes since the start, I love him

Reactions: 3 users
I think it's accurate. Our coaches have been sensational, but we are a systems based team. Out of the box stuff like Baker into the middle rarely ever happens
You realise he used to be a forward pocket and they threw him into the back line on a hunch? Such irrational thinking our coaches. Coming up with stuff which unearths players in positions they're not used to. Shame they aren't very creative.

Reactions: 2 users

Castagna and Rioli played midfield tonight. Is that out of the box? (granted, not saying it worked).

Reactions: 1 user
You realise he used to be a forward pocket and they threw him into the back line on a hunch? Such irrational thinking our coaches. Coming up with stuff which unearths players in positions they're not used to. Shame they aren't very creative.

People forget Castagna started his career at half back, Short started his career at half forward, Balta played in the ruck last year and Bolton was a forward pocket a month ago. But nah they aren't creative.

People forget Castagna started his career at half back, Short started his career at half forward, Balta played in the ruck last year and Bolton was a forward pocket a month ago. But nah they aren't creative.
You are talking about natural career progression. Shai was always destined for the midfield when his tank evolved. I think the original poster was referring to trying something very different WITHIN a game to alter a result. We rarely do this.

Reactions: 1 user
You are talking about natural career progression. Shai was always destined for the midfield when his tank evolved. I think the original poster was referring to trying something very different WITHIN a game to alter a result. We rarely do this.

I think we do it as much as any other side, but really, who does it much? The mythology of the cunning old sheeds throwing Kevin Walsh forward and Van der Haar back and Harvs into the ruck is just that, it happens occasionally, works even less, but looms large in footy mythology.

Reactions: 2 users