Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Bake's Grand Recollection on the club website now.
I don't reckon he's stopped smiling since the siren went.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The lad won't be a rookie next year!

Much love for Mini-Cuz, the do it all superstar for the Tigers. Forward, back, on ball??? I hope he continues developing and becomes a superstar of the AFL in 2021.

Reactions: 1 user

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Tip Rat Milne made some interesting comments about the rookie list/draft recently. It’s worked nicely for us recently but I can see how it will limit opportunities for guys who continue to miss out in the drafts. The AFL are so inconsistent. They turn the VFL into a development league but cut off one sure fire pathway onto a club list.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Now I know bakes plays tall,

but im with @jb03,

I dont think the bakes V Sam Reid or Bakes V Logan McDonald

match ups really worked.

Who is our Backline coach? Danny Devito? Stevie Wonder?

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Love this bloke but like plenty of mates he had a pretty ordinary game. Tried his best and I gave him a vote in a poor team effort. But he got torched by Sydney’s small forwards.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
How is Bakes travelling?
Has been a bit patchy like much of the team this season so far where as last year he was near faultless.
His best is still great but has been caught out a bit this season to date, often in mismatched situations. Possibly a reflection of our unsettled backline.
Hopefully his consistency builds as the season progresses.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
How is Bakes travelling?
Has been a bit patchy like much of the team this season so far where as last year he was near faultless.
His best is still great but has been caught out a bit this season to date, often in mismatched situations. Possibly a reflection of our unsettled backline.
Hopefully his consistency builds as the season progresses.

The opposition have really targeted his lack of height.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
played further up the field against port and made some un Baker like errors.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
You cant fault his attack on the footy. He just hasnt been super clean.

I think the Vlastuin loss has impacted everyone in that back 6.

Reactions: 3 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
You cant fault his attack on the footy. He just hasnt been super clean.

I think the Vlastuin loss has impacted everyone in that back 6.
Exactly.

The loss of Vlastuin is massive, and forces everyone else to play a different role. He's crucial to us.

kmac also drifts back into defense regularly, and without him, Bakes and Shorty were exposed more than usual.

Mansell did well but obviously still learning the role and DTLD and Noah switching into the ruck.

Lock this in - when our defense gets settled and stable, no team will get near us.

Reactions: 3 users

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
Geez, pound for pound this bloke has gotta be up there with the elite in the comp......and his sh*t eating grin is absolutely superb!!

Reactions: 6 users