Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
There's no doubt we're looking for another offensive weapon/third tall up forward. We need to kick more goals.
One that ideally can have an impact when the ball is on the deck too, or one that hits tackles.

Parkers 10 tackles will not have gone unnoticed, and others whove not been producing in the seniors just had a shot put across their bow.

They would not have drafted him, if they dont have a plan for playing him, thats just my view on it but I might be wrong.

Some change ups and some subtle and not so subtle shifts might be coming over the next few rounds, depending on form and fitness of the list.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
One that ideally can have an impact when the ball is on the deck too, or one that hits tackles.

Parkers 10 tackles will not have gone unnoticed, and others whove not been producing in the seniors just had a shot put across their bow.

They would not have drafted him, if they dont have a plan for playing him, thats just my view on it but I might be wrong.

Some change ups and some subtle and not so subtle shifts might be coming over the next few rounds, depending on form and fitness of the list.
Spot on craigo.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I’m not sure he is ready yet. Had a number of undiscplined actions in yesterday’s game. Not yet a Richmond man.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I’m not sure he is ready yet. Had a number of undiscplined actions in yesterday’s game. Not yet a Richmond man.
What are you talking about? He is the perfect Richmond man...gives away plenty of free kicks no one other than the ump and TBR can see!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Perfect Richmond man. He and the other ressies were just as narky, aggressive n undisciplined as our senior side are. The way we play footy we're almost dropping the daks n bending over for the umpy's to ream us.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I think we can be quite an undisiplined side. Look at Short giving away the 50 in the last v the Eagles.

I know we get done over by the umps week in week out , but we contribute a bit to that ourselves with silly frees given away.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think we can be quite an undisiplined side. Look at Short giving away the 50 in the last v the Eagles.

I know we get done over by the umps week in week out , but we contribute a bit to that ourselves with silly frees given away.
Yep, he might fit right in ... too well.

His VFL game was virtually BOG once you factor the vital tackles in. The standout ahead of Marlion or DRioli.

However, a hothead who gives away frees at vital times or misses crucial goals, is about the last thing we need. He looks like the kind of player that umps just penalise when he goes near an opponent. They just take a mindset that he's over-aggressive or reckless, whatever, simply by how he looks and plays. Bit like Marlion.

He will, though, certainly put the pressure on Caddy, Castagna, Marlion or DRioli.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I'd pick him against his former side..
Same here, he’s got a rawness that could impact straight away , however I’d like too see atleast half a dozen games to iron out his eagerness before finals , absolutely perfect type to ad to this mix imho . The biggest X since JON :))

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Townso had zero pace that’s what held him back at the level, wasnt for lack of effort , this blokes quick, does he have the discipline to play his role, I reckon we’ll see soon enough
Jeebus just imagine Towner with pace, and a run up and the speeed at which he could hit.........he'd be able to single handedly tackle half the opposition into the Concussion Bin just from the whiplash alone.

He'd be the most feared weapon on any football field or pitch since the great Bobby Boucher took the Louisiana Mud Dogs all the way to the Bourbon Bowl !!