Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'd pick him tonight.
We need to keep edgy & a Parker debut against his former side would see the team fire up a little.
I also want to see what he brings before the pointy end of the season.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'd pick him tonight.
We need to keep edgy & a Parker debut against his former side would see the team fire up a little.
I also want to see what he brings before the pointy end of the season.
Yeah, get a feeling he,ll play. We don’t recruit ready to go mature agers like he and Pickett to just develop in the VFL, we get them to play AFL.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, get a feeling he,ll play. We don’t recruit ready to go mature agers like he and Pickett to just develop in the VFL, we get them to play AFL.

True, but a couple of weeks after they join us?

In front of other players we have been developing?

Bit more time I think but I reckon a debut before the end of the H&A is on the cards if he plays well in the VFL.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Given a debut wasn't announced, suggest he's playing VFL again this week. Won't be long, though.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Everybody seems to think Parker is the answer to a maidens prayer but forget he was delisted by the Saints and as their list wasn't exactly inspiring it doesn't say a lot for him. Sure he may have got his act together since and has a mature body but expecting to do a Picket in a quicker timeframe is pushing it. A couple more games at VFL and more Tigers training time then he may be ready

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
What was the point of picking him in the draft considering the injuries we have if we aren’t going to play him?

Reactions: 1 user