Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Only 6 possessions and didn't hit the scoreboard.

For VFL watchers - was he held over for the one's?

Or just didn't touch the footy?

Seems a very quiet day.

Seems a very quiet day.
Unfortunately didn’t touch the footy. Had no impact on the game.

He is way off AFL level.

Reactions: 4 users

Seems a very quiet day.

Poor.

I watched him trundle to the bench a lot, hobbling and limping.

He's either injured, or he's Cumberland.

Doesn't get elevated regardless.

Reactions: 3 users
His left upper leg was heavily bandaged. Clearly injured. Quad/corkie ?

He wasn't great, dropped a couple of easy marks that he should have held, but he tried and worked as hard as his injury would permit.

I have my doubts about him but gotta cut him slack for yesterday's game.

With Garner injured in the first I got the impression that he played on so that we weren't down to 2 on the bench. Kudos to him if that's the case.

Reactions: 5 users
His left upper leg was heavily bandaged. Clearly injured. Quad/corkie ?

He wasn't great, dropped a couple of easy marks that he should have held, but he tried and worked as hard as his injury would permit.

I have my doubts about him but gotta cut him slack for yesterday's game.

With Garner injured in the first I got the impression that he played on so that we weren't down to 2 on the bench. Kudos to him if that's the case.
Just watched Steve Morris interview on Club site.
Highlights during the interview clearly show him copping a heavy knock in the legs by player coming at him at 9.30 in 2nd qtr.

Reactions: 2 users
Poor.

I watched him trundle to the bench a lot, hobbling and limping.

He's either injured, or he's Cumberland.

Doesn't get elevated regardless.
You must of been standing near me.

Body language is poor. Could be a lack of confidence. But he does himself no favours.

People need to realise he is a long way off senior footy.

Reactions: 1 user
If the injury is legit then some slack is deserved as he was great the week before imo. We need him to succeed.

If the injury is legit then some slack is deserved as he was great the week before imo. We need him to succeed.
I’ll laugh if his corky pulls up ok and he gets picked this week, on previous body of work, with no Balta and Lynch available.

Cumbo put so much work in over summer hiring trainer and getting himself fit for new coach coming in and to give himself every chance to get into the side
Even with our injuries he’s being overlooked as others are given a chance ahead of him.
IMO we’ve put a line through his name and he’s checked out. He should be looking for opportunities elsewhere

Cumbo put so much work in over summer hiring trainer and getting himself fit for new coach coming in and to give himself every chance to get into the side
Even with our injuries he’s being overlooked as others are given a chance ahead of him.
IMO we’ve put a line through his name and he’s checked out. He should be looking for opportunities elsewhere
I’ve got big hopes he will be a superstar
Not so long ago he represented us in a final on the Gabba

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately didn’t touch the footy. Had no impact on the game.

He is way off AFL level.

Did you watch lefau last week with his 3 disposals and no defensive efforts? He got promoted from the ressies on 8 disposals. In his first game, he looked at sea.

By the way, the previous week cumbo played well. Kicked two, very good defensively and had a few goal assists. His preseason was fine. More than what Junior, banks, lefau and Mansell put out but they were all gifted games. None of them had solid games in the ressies to warrant senior selection.

Last week Mansell and Junior played well v swans.

The point I'm making here is too many gifting of games without doing the hard years in the ressies. McAuliffe thoroughly deserved his selection by sustaining good form in the ressies.

Last edited:

So true for those who have played footy you can play your best but if you keep being overlooked likely you will drop your head or form will drop off.
Steely green thought the same with him looked good in some praccy games didn't get picked for seniour selection and had some subpar games thereafter but did well last week in the ressies.

It's hilarious when some say ohh his defensive efforts, man not sure if anyone is watching his ressies games but his chasing, harassing and defensively doing well as expressed by Morris.

Then we have Lefau no disrespect i like him and wanted him on the main list but geez i watched him carefully last week no hard running, no tackling, and no pressure put on. Even on debut, he looked all at sea.

Let's face it some are going to get a game no matter what, i already expressed that banks especially with no real form in the ressies has gotten games but Ralpsmith who is actually playing well is not getting a look in.

Mansell and Junior too but both took their chances last week.

Bookmark it - He will be playing for Collingwood next season and picked up as a rookie.

His cards have been marked at Richmond.

Going on 2 senior coaches and multiple assistant coaches all think they cant get anything out of him.

Yes, cumbo opped a bad corkie early on but stuck it out. Luckily there is a bye this week as I reckon he would've missed.
Unfortunately missed a golden opportunity due to the effects of the corkie.
The same thing happened last year where he was on the verge of getting promoted and got injured.
Luck not on the kids side.
He’s got some areas he definitely needs to work on but he’s a better forward than 3 or 4 playing seniors atm.

Unfortunately missed a golden opportunity due to the effects of the corkie.
The same thing happened last year where he was on the verge of getting promoted and got injured.
Luck not on the kids side.
He’s got some areas he definitely needs to work on but he’s a better forward than 3 or 4 playing seniors atm.

I wholeheartedly agree with DA, but remember last year they had Cotchin playing forward, pickett and Prestia at times are not natural forwards, the coaches simply trying to find positions for them.

I recall 3 games when Cumbo kicked 6, 4 and 4 and didn't get a look in. I bet my bottom dollar if Junior or Mansell were playing ressies and they got those stats they'd be straight in.

Unfortunately, the expectations of Cumbo are higher than others. No one can tell me Lefau is a better option up forward than Cumbo. Yeah, lefau is taller but doesn't play taller.

Anyway, I get it he needs to bide his time but geez I want him to be given a chance like others have been given.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users