Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Its not his work rate or attitude thats an issue unfortunately its his IQ ive been told, to understand any role they want him to play. Has talent to burn but no idea how to play to any sort of direction or structure the coaches want.
Only room for Shai & Dusty to have that freestyle licence.

Reactions: 1 user

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Standing on the boundary today at Avalon Airport Oval and listening to the "discussion" (yelling) amongst players I think @Webbie26 might be spot on. Give Cray credit he calmed guys down and "bolstered" Noah.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Its not his work rate or attitude thats an issue unfortunately its his IQ ive been told, to understand any role they want him to play. Has talent to burn but no idea how to play to any sort of direction or structure the coaches want.
I remember when he said he needed to write down his directions as notes in a book. Looks like he seems to forget easily and refer to them all the time.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Just let him bloody play. See ball get ball.
Who gives a *smile* about directions and structures and set plays.
We've never had a decent forward set up for years. Its usually just bomb it in and do something once itā€™s in there.

Just start Cumbo in the square. If he gets the ball have a ping. If he kicks goals! good. If he doesnā€™t after a run of games, Out he goes.
We donā€™t want Ein *smile* stein. He never got many kicks or goals.
How many dumkopf footballers have made a decent career for themselves.

If he goes down with a soft/fake injury just shovel a spoonful of smelling salts up each nostril, whack some deep heat on his balls and heā€™ll be up and about in no time.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 10 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
We've never had a decent forward set up for years. Its usually just bomb it in and do something once itā€™s in there.

Just start Cumbo in the square. If he gets the ball have a ping. If he kicks goals! good. If he doesnā€™t after a run of games, Out he goes.

If he goes down with a soft/fake injury just shovel a spoonful of smelling salts up each nostril, whack some deep heat on his balls and heā€™ll be up and about in no time.
We wouldnā€™t have played Ablett Snr

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

I'd say that that any AFL coach worth their salt puts a massive emphasis on the importance of team structures. The stand rule has made good kicking imperative and any weak link in team defence can be easily exploited now.

I've posted on here before of witnessing this in Cumberland first hand, carrying on punching the ground in frustration after he turned it over kicking inside 50, while the ball was kicked back over his head to his opponent. Could have easily made the contest if he wasn't being such a drama queen. This was against the dogs in 2022 (possibly 2023, can't recall) and we lost that game by a kick. Not suggesting it was all Cumberland's fault that we did but I reckon Hardwick would have been going off his rocker witnessing that and fair enough too. I certainly was!

I think Cumberland will get a chance this year as he is a talented player and I do like him, but something is definitely keeping him back to not even make the emergency list. While the conspiracy theories as to why he's not getting a game are mildly amusing, it's most likely related to a lack of discipline IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I'd say that that any AFL coach worth their salt puts a massive emphasis on the importance of team structures. The stand rule has made good kicking imperative and any weak link in team defence can be easily exploited now.

I've posted on here before of witnessing this in Cumberland first hand, carrying on punching the ground in frustration after he turned it over kicking inside 50, while the ball was kicked back over his head to his opponent. Could have easily made the contest if he wasn't being such a drama queen. This was against the dogs in 2022 (possibly 2023, can't recall) and we lost that game by a kick. Not suggesting it was all Cumberland's fault that we did but I reckon Hardwick would have been going off his rocker witnessing that and fair enough too. I certainly was!

I think Cumberland will get a chance this year as he is a talented player and I do like him, but something is definitely keeping him back to not even make the emergency list. While the conspiracy theories as to why he's not getting a game are mildly amusing, it's most likely related to a lack of discipline IMO.
Yeah well I havenā€™t got a clue obviously. I just wanted to post something like everyone else :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Well now it is his IQ ? Or perhaps the flavour of recent years ADD(attention deficit disability).As a builder I have put on about 15 apprentices.In recent years a couple were very troublesome when taking on instructions which frustrated me no end.Someone suggested they might have ADD.The solution?Only give one instruction at a time.Improvement was great.
Combo solution? Coach to Cumbo...........................just kick goals. One instruction........................Coleman medallist,problem solved.

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Cody Weightman tonight. 64 games

3 goals first quarter

Game - 9 disposals, 0 pressure acts, 4 tackles,

Team wins by 12 goals. Zero criticism would be my best guess

Anzac Day last year -

Noah Cumberland - about 15 games

3 goals first quarter

7 Disposals, 15 pressure acts, 3 tackles