Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Fritsch & Cumberland both have the ability to turn games. Melbn get it, hopefully we'll get it before Cumberland is banished from the club.
I find it interesting to look at Fritsch’s output.
Obviously Fritsch has better body language, looks more relaxed and smiles more, and has much better hair.
He also looks like a man that knows he belongs and believes and doesn’t get flustered if he is not getting near it, head stays in the game - great coaching

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Nope
Steely Green has been added to squad
Wed need another 15 injuries before Cumbo gets picked
Ironically Steely had 4 disposals two games ago against the Suns, and he wasn’t injured.
I did say he was better than those stats suggested, watching that game.
He was then better in the game against Sydney .
His form in the two games is no better than Cumbos but they are different players

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Bailey Fritsch has averaged over 2 goals per game for the last 4 years, and kicked 6 in a GF.
Cumberland averaged less a goal a game in 2023, and had 7 disposals in the 1 final he has played.
But yes Fritsch gets a game so Cumberlanfd should too.

Cumberland averages 1.5 goals a game not bad for a player who's only played 18 games.

So in the final that was his 9th game :unsure: and had 7 disposals and 1 goal

So other names from that 2022 EF

Bolton had 10 disposals, 2 goals
Riewoldt had 8 disposals, 1 goal
Miller had 8 disposals and zero goals (12th game)
Gibcus had 8 disposals (18th game)
Tarrant had 6 disposals

Let's compare Rioli Junior. He has played 31 games and only kicked 21 goals at an ave of 0.7
Junior averages 2.7 tackles and Cumbo averages 2.2

Mansell has played 36 games and has only kicked 14 goals at ave of 0.4. Mansell averages 2.4 tackles a game

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Cumberland averages 1.5 goals a game not bad for a player who's only played 18 games.

Tarrant had 6 disposals

Let's compare Rioli Junior. He has played 31 games and only kicked 21 goals at an ave of 0.7

Mansell has played 36 games and has only kicked 14 goals at ave of 0.4. Mansell averages 2.4 tackles a game
Yeah but …um

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Tarrant had 6 disposals

I'm not sure how to respond to a post that quotes tackle stats as if they mean Cumberland applies the same defensive pressure as MRJr or Mansell do.

Feb 25, 2007
I'm not sure how to respond to a post that quotes tackle stats as if they mean Cumberland applies the same defensive pressure as MRJr or Mansell do.

Lol, is that what you got out of my post only the tackle ave. It was one very very small component. I mention games played, goals, goals ave, tackle ave. The EF final players that didn't do all that much more than a 9 gamer.

Cumbos defensive output has been questioned but that was a total myth as he does apply pressure and tackles.

Manell has done *smile* all in 36 games for 14 goals. And his tackling is 2.2 ave to cumbos 2.0 hence the comparison.
Juniors pressure is top notch without that he would not be getting games. Junior has played 31 games for 21 goals.

Take the biased sunglasses off and see that others aren't doing that much more than Cumbo but still getting games.

I look forward to when Coulthard or Clarke replace Mansell. And I'd have combo ahead of him every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I find it interesting to look at Fritsch’s output.
Obviously Fritsch has better body language, looks more relaxed and smiles more, and has much better hair.
He also looks like a man that knows he belongs and believes and doesn’t get flustered if he is not getting near it, head stays in the game - great coaching
And has played much better

Feb 25, 2007
And has played much better

You would want to hope at 27 years old and 132 games under your belt that kicking goals is a non-negotiable as he doesn't apply any defensive pressure.
So his one wood is kicking goals and let's face it most times he is a dead-eye *smile* in front of goals. Dee's forward line isn't that crash-hot but Fritsch is a damn good goal kicker.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Maybe we could trade him for a draft pick.
First round defo.
And Adelaide, North and Hawks all open to trading so we might get top 5 for Cumbo!
Woohoo!!!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Maybe we could trade him for a draft pick.
First round defo.
And Adelaide, North and Hawks all open to trading so we might get top 5 for Cumbo!
Woohoo!!!
Cumbo is an unrestricted free agent as far as I'm aware. He's leaving alright and we'll be getting zilch for him.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm not comparing apples with apples by the way. Merely stating both (medium forwards) have the ability to turn a game. Cumberland has only played 27 games (Fritsch 132), he averages 1.5 goals a game. in 27 of the games he's either been a sub or subbed in 5 of those, blows any of the existing small/medium forwards in our current side out of the water.
Being subbed five times is an interesting indicator in itself.

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Its not his work rate or attitude thats an issue unfortunately its his IQ ive been told, to understand any role they want him to play. Has talent to burn but no idea how to play to any sort of direction or structure the coaches want.

• Wow

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Its not his work rate or attitude thats an issue unfortunately its his IQ ive been told, to understand any role they want him to play. Has talent to burn but no idea how to play to any sort of direction or structure the coaches want.
Has great IQ as a small forward, knows where to be in that role. Bit different to not playing your role which I suspect is his defensive side yet I've seen him play some great games defensively. He's checked out. It's the only reason I can think of he can't get a game with so many injuries, not even sub, that what values him bottom 4 or so on our list? . Has a great leap which would be really helpful atm with our tall shortage. None of Dusty, Rioli, Mansell, Baker have a leap whatsoever. It is what it is. Only interest now is which club does he go to at the end of the year.

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Has great IQ as a small forward, knows where to be in that role. Bit different to not playing your role which I suspect is his defensive side yet I've seen him play some great games defensively. He's checked out. It's the only reason I can think of he can't get a game with so many injuries, not even sub, that what values him bottom 4 or so on our list? . Has a great leap which would be really helpful atm with our tall shortage. None of Dusty, Rioli, Mansell, Baker have a leap whatsoever. It is what it is. Only interest now is which club does he go to at the end of the year.
Im saying hes not the coldest beer in the fridge bud. And cant even understand simple i strucrtions of where to stand or patterns to run