Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

He was playing behind his man for most of the game. All we needed him to do was take front position and compete (like Lefau) but he didn't do that. There was a reason why he put pressure on from behind and tackled from behind and thats because he was always behind his man.

I wanted to specifically watch him tonight (and it was easy enough to pick him out with those blue boots), but IMO his off the ball work was well below what we needed him to be.
On your telly?

That game tonight.... One of the worst I've ever seen from a Richmond player.

I would delist him tomorrow.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Lazy?
Most pressure acts on the ground with 24.
Set up our first goal and then missed 2 he should have kicked, still created the opportunities and one was a great crumb..

Yes is struggling with his composure and confidence but the want of people on here to scalp him with such fervour is just weird
I would still include in the team. Tried, chased, getting opportunities to score. Matter of time to click into gear.

He was playing behind his man for most of the game. All we needed him to do was take front position and compete (like Lefau) but he didn't do that. There was a reason why he put pressure on from behind and tackled from behind and thats because he was always behind his man.

I wanted to specifically watch him tonight (and it was easy enough to pick him out with those blue boots), but IMO his off the ball work was well below what we needed him to be.
I am not defending his judgement errors, but lazy is a stretch.
All forwards get caught behind, and outmarked. Even Charlie Curnow.
He still had the most Pressure Acts on the ground, but that was because he was sh1t?
Ok mate

Nah I was on the telly tonight

Then I'd suggest watch him at the ground. You don't see the whole game on telly. There is a reason why there are a lot more people commenting about how poor he was than saying the opposite.

I watched him repeatedly play from behind and then jog in between players. It was very disappointing as a few years ago I really thought we had 1 with Noah.

Then I'd suggest watch him at the ground. You don't see the whole game on telly. There is a reason why there are a lot more people commenting about how poor he was than saying the opposite.

I watched him repeatedly play from behind and then jog in between players. It was very disappointing as a few years ago I really thought we had 1 with Noah.
Ok thanks for that Ive been to about 500 games! That’s why I asked you.
Yeah he got caught behind and was out-marked a few times. Still a long way off but not our worst. Ridley was superb.

He had the second most tackles in the team and most pressure acts on the ground.
Imagine if he really tried hard..!

Cumbo is stuck between being a reasonable VFL player - and a terrible AFL player who is all at sea in the Snrs.

We are seeing who can do what then make the right calls.

For mine hes not AFL std and as a small fwd, he offers no hard tackling, has no defensive game and cant kick goals from set shots.

So he gets knocked on his arse, off the ball, unexpected contact by Redmond when the ball isn’t even in play - and somehow it’s his fault? And yes that gets paid a free often and should have been if they were consistent.
Totally blindsided him with a cheap shot and you’re having a crack at our own Tiger player for falling over?
Why…??
Nah it wasnt a free. Soft tap, Cumbo staged and the ump called it right.
You can wave the Cumbo flag but lets not pretend everyone are idiots

Reactions: 1 users
Damien Dogwick said all those years ago "Low football IQ" and something about "if I can call it that".

Noah got lost. Yes. He *smile* up. He was almost a genius twice. He's had two games in.

I'd give him another couple.

Reactions: 8 users
Ok thanks for that Ive been to about 500 games! That’s why I asked you.
Yeah he got caught behind and was out-marked a few times. Still a long way off but not our worst. Ridley was superb.

He had the second most tackles in the team and most pressure acts on the ground.
Imagine if he really tried hard..!
He want the worst on the ground in my eyes (level 1 behind goals puntroadend)
But he got outmarked too often. It didnt help that he was matched on a taller aerialist. With Lynch playing it'd be a different story.
One thing I hate is that he goes his own way. He zags when his teammates are zigging. It works sometimes such as KMacs first goal.
i'd rather he gives the first option.
Hopefully with more games together that happens

Doesn't look promising at the moment, but can he improve with experience? I don't know but I would persist to see if he can improve.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
If he'd kicked those 2 sitter goals he missed we'd probably be talking him up. At least he showed some effort. I'd be happy to see him given a few weeks

Reactions: 10 users
That game tonight.... One of the worst I've ever seen from a Richmond player.

I would delist him tomorrow.

Come on man you can't be serious. Did you see Pickett's game last week, it was putrid. 5 disposals, and 4 turnovers. Gave away 5 free kicks.

Cumberland: 11 disposals. 3 tackles, 2 marks, 0.2

Cumbo tonight put on pressure and had the most pressure acts by any Richmond player (24).

But if I am to be honest he had an almost game. I do like Cumbo but thought he was so-so. Didn't use the ball too well. And missed 1 to 2 goals that he should've nailed.

You can see he is playing to the game plan, running patterns and not getting sucked into the play but I will say let's keep playing him and give him a decent block of games because atm he will be inconsistent due to his lack of senior experience (21 games).

Last edited:
So he gets knocked on his arse, off the ball, unexpected contact by Redmond when the ball isn’t even in play - and somehow it’s his fault? And yes that gets paid a free often and should have been if they were consistent.
Totally blindsided him with a cheap shot and you’re having a crack at our own Tiger player for falling over?
Why…??
You think that is having a crack?
Pretty sure with the question mark, it’s clear I was asking others thoughts.
Even if he and anyone thought it should have been a free, why is sooking with your hands out asking for one instead of getting up when a senior player is trying to help you up a better option? When your 6 points down in the last qtr.

Lefau is 195 cms tall and built like a bull.

Ridley is 195cms tall you think Cumbo is going to outmark him? Blame the coaches for putting a 183 cm on a 195 cms. Just too big and strong.

Blame the coaches for putting a 183 cm on a 195 cms. Just too big and strong
Yep, for perspective Cucumberland is only 1 cm taller than Campbell & 3 cms taller than Mansell. I wonder if many posters think Cucumberland is kpf size (193cm plus) or something at times? :mhihi

Reactions: 1 users