Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was very impressed with Sam's half of football last Sunday after an interrupted pre-season.

You can take it to the Bank, Sam is going to be a player.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Was very impressed with Sam's half of football last Sunday after an interrupted pre-season.

You can take it to the Bank, Sam is going to be a player.
Yep, I'm sure he will branch out his skills as he develops experience..........alright that's it no more from me:))

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Lots of interest shown in Banks. He’s one we def need to invest in.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good news he announced in 3121 is he's now entirely past his troublesome wrist injury. Today being his first full VFL game.
Had our 4th most possessions today.
Looking forward to seeing more.

Reactions: 8 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I know he started behind even Sonsie for fitness but is the MC's clear hatred of Banks getting close to farcical?

VFA R3

Sam Banks (19 disposals, nine marks, eight tackles, four rebound-50s)

"Excellent game on the weekend. His defensive efforts and intent have improved in the few games that he's played for the Club and he uses the ball really nicely."

From the match report of R4 -

When it seemed that every second player was cramping in the final term, Banks burnt a track down the outer wing, constantly providing coverage for his tiring defence.

Reactions: 9 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I know he started behind even Sonsie for fitness but is the MC's clear hatred of Banks getting close to farcical?

VFA R3

"Excellent game on the weekend. His defensive efforts and intent have improved in the few games that he's played for the Club and he uses the ball really nicely."

When it seemed that every second player was cramping in the final term, Banks burnt a track down the outer wing, constantly providing coverage for his tiring defence.

What’s the hurry , the kids like 70kg , he’s going just fine 2 1/2 games in

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We're not in a hurry to select him, BJ. Just to draw attention to the MC's blind hatred of this gifted youngster who languishes in the Magoos.

• Haha

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Usually at about this time the club is working on new contracts for the previous years draftees. This time an amazing haul.. 5 in the first 30, and all have shown a bit. Hope extension announcements plus those for Bolton, Miller, MJ and Stack are on the way.

Last edited:

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
captained every team he's been in i think ?

• Wow

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

VFA R3

For any doubters on the class of 2021, this is why you should get excited. Players like Banks and Sonsie are putting in these kinds of performances on the back of zero pre-season now. Just imagine what they could be capable of in as little as 3-4 years time?

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Banks is the most confident 18yr old I’ve ever met. And in a humble not cocky way.
Had literally no preseason and only joined the main group 2 weeks before the start of the season. Only played half a game in round 1.
And I can tell you first hand Dimma loves the kid.
Has all the tools and the drive to be the best he can be.
He’s a 200 game player. Put that in your diaries

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Banks is the most confident 18yr old I’ve ever met. And in a humble not cocky way.
Had literally no preseason and only joined the main group 2 weeks before the start of the season. Only played half a game in round 1.
Agree DA. I have too also banked on this kid being a long term player. Watch him play he doesn’t over complicate things and plays within his limits. He is the new Kamdyn but with better foot skills.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
For any doubters on the class of 2021, this is why you should get excited. Players like Banks and Sonsie are putting in these kinds of performances on the back of zero pre-season now. Just imagine what they could be capable of in as little as 3-4 years time?
Terrific signs from our young listed players won 3/4 at vfl and we haven’t exactly got a heap of experienced campaigners back there holding it all together 1-3 year players for the main and a bunch from the burbs, really well done Morro, blues were top of the ladder to if you don’t mind

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

A concern (a very early concern I'll admit and possibly unfounded) is that mid career, when Tassie join the comp they'll probably offer him a leadership position (potentially the captaincy) and a shitload of cash to join their inaugural team.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
If he ends up good enough to be offered the captaincy of an AFL team dare say that is a massive positive, not a concern.