Welcome Sam Naismith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Naismith

I'd like to see him play vs. Gold Coast against Witts with Nank. I think he will match up well on Wiits and early in th game would wear down Witts abit in the early March game where Wiits will tire.. . from afar- Nank doesn't have much centre bounce dominance against Witts and i think Sam can at least 50/50 alot- as he has a real reach on him... similar to what Witts/Gawn types appear to have. One of rucks can be subbed off at 3/4 time vs. Gold Coast... and then inject a running player/ or a beast in attack tackle mode like Lefau...

Reactions: 3 users
I'd like to see him play vs. Gold Coast against Witts with Nank. I think he will match up well on Wiits and early in th game would wear down Witts abit in the early March game where Wiits will tire.. . from afar- Nank doesn't have much centre bounce dominance against Witts and i think Sam can at least 50/50 alot- as he has a real reach on him... similar to what Witts/Gawn types appear to have. One of rucks can be subbed off at 3/4 time vs. Gold Coast... and then inject a running player/ or a beast in attack tackle mode like Lefau...
I saw the intra club practice match...hard to tell what's going on. Naismith good in both game. Seems ahead of Ryan, not that Ryan was best 22.
Balta, Kosi did OK today which was a relief on the Kosi trade. Balta ~ quite good up there. Gibcus good return down back. Another big sigh of relief.

What's Naismith's fwd craft like?

I saw the intra club practice match...hard to tell what's going on. Naismith good in both game. Seems ahead of Ryan, not that Ryan was best 22.
Balta, Kosi did OK today which was a relief on the Kosi trade. Balta ~ quite good up there. Gibcus good return down back. Another big sigh of relief.

What's Naismith's fwd craft like?

Maybe with Naismith, it could help solve our defensive question of only really starting with Young and Gibcus as our key defenders (assuming Grimes doesn't start the season). Nank could play a rotating role between ruck and defence and Naismith plays ruck most of the time. Nank is much better playing as that intercepting player and has done that very well protecting the defence in the past. A different option than maybe the usual rotating the rucks as resting forwards, why not play Nank as a resting back?

Reactions: 2 users
the photo gallery on rfc seems to depict big Naysay utterly defying age, size and gravity and getting up like Nic Nat over Gawn.

big presence and showed glimpses of a propensity to squash.

great back-up.

30 games in the body? 40 series Landcruiser with 30,000km on the clock?

appears very good recruiting

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
At times Naismith dominated Gawn. Is a genuine Ruckman of AFL quality. If he can stay injury free will be Massive for us.

Reactions: 9 users
the photo gallery on rfc seems to depict big Naysay utterly defying age, size and gravity and getting up like Nic Nat over Gawn.

big presence and showed glimpses of a propensity to squash.

great back-up.

appears very good recruiting
1708572727563.png

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
"Right now, he has thrown his hand up to be our first ruck in (Opening Round), which is awesome," Yze told AFL.com.au.

This quote doesn't surprise me in the least. Sam has exceeded expectations & given the club a genuine dilemma.
Nank may be our captain but I want the best option in the ruck. Hopefully backs up again vs the Pies & adds even more pressure.

Reactions: 6 users
But the reason he's only got 30,000km on the clock is that he runs more like an early 70's model Pommie bike. Every time you turn the motor over n it finally looks like getting some good fun ride time happening there's another break down.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
"Right now, he has thrown his hand up to be our first ruck in (Opening Round), which is awesome," Yze told AFL.com.au.

This quote doesn't surprise me in the least. Sam has exceeded expectations & given the club a genuine dilemma.
Nank may be our captain but I want the best option in the ruck. Hopefully backs up again vs the Pies & adds even more pressure.
Nakas might be like the Port × captain.
Captain but in the 2's
But I would have both Naismith and Nakas.
The Swans Slappers
Amd Samson in the 2's t

Nakas might be like the Port × captain.
Captain but in the 2's
But I would have both Naismith and Nakas.
The Swans Slappers
Amd Samson in the 2's t
We are in the Yze era. A clean slate with little regard for reputations or past deeds.
Nank is a great player obviously but I’ve just been so impressed by Naismith. We will require both this year & we are a stronger club for the competition.

Reactions: 3 users