Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
........ players around need to understand his patterns. waiting for his handball. .....
What they do at Training in Stoppage and Surge (a 30 minute drill last Monday) is what Dow and Marlion and a couple of others rely on, i.e. players either overlapping or getting to outside positions. It didn't happen as well last night as at Training and you could see a few of the guys get "stuck" as the expected outlet didn't arrive. As that improves then forward entries improve (i.e. we don't just bomb the ball) turnovers reduce and we score more and they score less. It's younger players, tweaks in how and when and we're not yet all on the same page.

Note: It's taken a couple of other sides with new coaches in recent times about half a season to get that right and they haven't had the injury list we have.

Patience grasshopper.

Reactions: 3 users