Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
........ players around need to understand his patterns. waiting for his handball. .....
What they do at Training in Stoppage and Surge (a 30 minute drill last Monday) is what Dow and Marlion and a couple of others rely on, i.e. players either overlapping or getting to outside positions. It didn't happen as well last night as at Training and you could see a few of the guys get "stuck" as the expected outlet didn't arrive. As that improves then forward entries improve (i.e. we don't just bomb the ball) turnovers reduce and we score more and they score less. It's younger players, tweaks in how and when and we're not yet all on the same page.

Note: It's taken a couple of other sides with new coaches in recent times about half a season to get that right and they haven't had the injury list we have.

Patience grasshopper.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He has about one acceptable game in every five, but with our raft of injuries, looming retirements and trading, we have to play his type.

Reactions: 1 user

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
That's the problem with our list at the moment. We are getting games into the likes of Dow and Banks who are big chances not to make it to fifty AFL games.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I just cant see it.

Not sure at this stage what is gained not giving Sonsie and McAuliff his games once we get the team back together

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Make the difficult decision and cut him. Bring in a skilful and tough draftee and hopefully he plays seniors next year

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've tried to like this game, but I just don't see it. Last week was better but I don't think it was a good game, but better than his normal. Today was normal service resumed. He's just not good enough. We saw Sonz go in the middle today and do a lot more with his time on the ground (Dow only had 69% TOG after a 10 day break, we simply can't carry that from average players). I'd much prefer that time was spent on giving Sonz, McAuliffe etc time in the middle than focusing any more time on Dow. If Prestia is back next week, it has to be for Dow.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'll bet if he goes back to the 2's he won't dominate the game like Sonz and McAuliffe have done the last 2 weeks which will tell us everything we need to know about him.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That's the problem with our list at the moment. We are getting games into the likes of Dow and Banks who are big chances not to make it to fifty AFL games.

What I don't get is why we keep recruiting these mids who are slightly built, we need more strong bodies at clearances but so many of our players don't have the build to play in the middle. Dow is just one example of this.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He’s barely VFL level let alone AFL for me.

Yze keeps going with him, but 8 games is enough for now.

Bring him back in the second half of the season if he shows something, but for now, let’s look at other possibilities.

Reactions: 7 users