Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Yze must be seeing something in Dow's game that we don't see as he praised him in the post match presser.
Don’t expect Yze to criticise any player in his press conference Even said Kosi had a good game

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
At one stage we had Dow, Fridge, Nigel n McAuliffe as our centre bounce squad with Raaalllph out on a wing. In no-ones worst nightmare are those first four together as your midfield core, they're support rotation mids. No Presty, no Taranto, no Hopper, no Ross then with Dusty n Shai either on the bench or deep forward. That's your six best mids out of game or rotations n it's no surprise we got obliterated.

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Dow gets to the ball and contests as long as he manages to build up enough momentum by running into a contest, though gets manhandled like a 10 year old if caught flat footed or without a prior gallop.

His slight build disadvantages him greatly when he’s in the clinches, which for a midfielder isn’t good.

Ooze seems to like him and from what a I can tell considers him a young / developing mid.

I get that most players have their weaknesses or limitations, but for me his build combined with his kicking prevents him from being a truly damaging mid that would be part of a premiership list.

Reactions: 1 users

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
I lost count when they got the ball from the CB they started to run in out, Dow’s half hearted first few steps, then just gave up, no chase, no pressure. Then there he was standing at CHB ball watching. Not even in a posts help out, only cheating and waiting for a dump kick out.
He needs one of the backmen to punch him in the face. He’s young, he’s lazy. He should be hungry and desperate.
I wouldn’t let in the players lounge for coffee and biscuits. Not until he earned them.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees him ball watching. *smile* useless.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
One of the reasons Dow has been given so many opportunities was his preseason form & one of those games was against the Dees.
FFS Thomson start showing something you are being given every chance here.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hopefully he starts to show something but he's been underwhelming to the eye and underwhelming on the stats sheet.

Rd 0 - 6 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 3 CP, 72% TOG
Rd 1 - 16 disposals, 0 tackles, 3 clearances, 7 CP, 77% TOG
Rd 2 - 12 disposals, 1 tackles, 2 clearances, 7 CP, 76% TOG
Rd 3 - 18 disposals, 2 tackles, 6 clearances, 12 CP, 78% TOG
Rd 4 - 11 disposals, 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 5 CP, 51% TOG
Rd 5 - 13 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 4 CP, 72% TOG

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Hopefully he starts to show something but he's been underwhelming to the eye and underwhelming on the stats sheet.

Rd 0 - 6 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 3 CP, 72% TOG
Rd 1 - 16 disposals, 0 tackles, 3 clearances, 7 CP, 77% TOG
Rd 2 - 12 disposals, 1 tackles, 2 clearances, 7 CP, 76% TOG
Rd 3 - 18 disposals, 2 tackles, 6 clearances, 12 CP, 78% TOG
Rd 4 - 11 disposals, 4 tackles, 2 clearances, 5 CP, 51% TOG
Rd 5 - 13 disposals, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 4 CP, 72% TOG
Could he break the magical barrier of 20 disposals?
When’s the last time a player has done that?

Would *smile* a few people up on here

Juffaricho

"Pressure wins Premierships"
Oct 26, 2007
Interesting coaching tonight. They have kept Dow far away form center clearances (no more rag-dolling) but then he comes up from half-forward and plays as a rolling on-baller. So far doing OK, and we don't have to see the horrible center clearance break aways against him.
** Spoke to soon. Hopper gets injured so he goes in and has to play on Petracca... and loses the clearance. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If your bottom 4. He is ok
If your challenging he is rubbish...
Missed a basic 40m kick. 2 minutes later a 18 yr old for Melbourne kicks it from 45 on a acute angle.
He dosent like contact. Side stepped a ball in the goal square