Welcome to Richmond Chris Yarran | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Chris Yarran

In a nutshell we burnt 2 Second Round Draft Picks and more than Half A Million Bucks.

I’d Blacklist Carlton during Trade Period unless we could land ‘em with a Spud

Brimmy said:

They seem pretty capable of landing spuds on their own with no help needed from us.

In fact they are so good at it they should provide Silvagni's services to other clubs for free.

Brimmy said:
In a nutshell we burnt 2 Second Round Draft Picks and more than Half A Million Bucks.

Well we did win out of the Grigg trade.

In my opinion, RFC failed badly to do its proper due diligence in regard to Chris Yarran. Even before Yarran officially came to RFC, when there was just talk that RFC were interested in him, I had a Carlton Football Club member say to me that it was common knowledge amongst Carlton supporters that Yarran had been having drug, behavioural and attitude problems. In hindsight, arguably the worst trade that RFC has ever done. RFC should not trust CFC again.

glenn downing said:
In my opinion, RFC failed badly to do its proper due diligence in regard to Chris Yarran. Even before Yarran officially came to RFC, when there was just talk that RFC were interested in him, I had a Carlton Football Club member say to me that it was common knowledge amongst Carlton supporters that Yarran had been having drug, behavioural and attitude problems. In hindsight, arguably the worst trade that RFC has ever done. RFC should not trust CFC again.

Yep at the time i use to buy my lunch daily from a cafe run by a Carlton Crew and we always talked footy, they laughed when they offloaded Yarran not only knowing of his drug problem but also that CFC supposedly had to go guarantor for Yarran on a $300,000 gambling debt.
Did with think we could fix him or not do the due diligence as you say, they must have known surely.
Thankfully all in the past and it did not derail us from adding some Silverware.

caesar said:
Yep at the time i use to buy my lunch daily from a cafe run by a Carlton Crew and we always talked footy, they laughed when they offloaded Yarran not only knowing of his drug problem but also that CFC supposedly had to go guarantor for Yarran on a $300,000 gambling debt.
Did with think we could fix him or not do the due diligence as you say, they must have known surely.
Thankfully all in the past and it did not derail us from adding some Silverware.
Wow Caesar,no wonder Dan got the shift sideways,Bad judgement, Incompetence,call it what you will.

Confident with Matty Clarke running Recruitment,the *smile*-up that was Chris Yarran to Richmond won’t recur.

caesar said:

No doubt we learned from a few mistakes too re future recruits.

Sliding doors moment of epic proportions, on the Dyl & friends podcast Marc Muprhy basically said the year we got Chris Yarran, he was on the verge of going to Richmond, had the medical, and backed out of the move. We talk and talk about what should happen and get mad about why we aren't doing things to get better but behind the scenes, there is a thousand conversations happening that we never know about. Huge lesson for us all.

Reactions: 14 users
Sliding doors moment of epic proportions, on the Dyl & friends podcast Marc Muprhy basically said the year we got Chris Yarran, he was on the verge of going to Richmond, had the medical, and backed out of the move. We talk and talk about what should happen and get mad about why we aren't doing things to get better but behind the scenes, there is a thousand conversations happening that we never know about. Huge lesson for us all.
we get Murphy, we probably dont get Prestia. and maybe we give up the Vickery compo pick, and dont get Bolton.
sliding doors moment, indeed.

Reactions: 10 users
strange that he had a medical with us yet there were no reports or rumors of him coming to us.

Good player but not great, nor a game breaker. A poor man's Prestia really. Still boggles the mind that they made him captain.

Yes turned out for the best but Murphy was a very good player back then. Wasn’t he skipper as well?
Yes, captain from 13 to 18. So if he was coming at the end of 15 it would've been a pretty big story no doubt. Only played 10 games in 16 and then his body started to crumble. Dodged a bullet.
Just listened to the podcast @Scoop .... thanks for posting (y)

Ps.... didn't wanna give Malthouse a whack. ..... but sort of does!

Reactions: 2 users
strange that he had a medical with us yet there were no reports or rumors of him coming to us.
That's my point H, so much stuff goes on that us nuffies have no idea about. The club is trying. Get our collective knickers in a knot over a perception about lack of effort to get better is wasted energy. Have a crack at decisions made and possible decisions made but the intent to get the place better is always there.

Reactions: 2 users
Contrary to some, I think Murphy would have fitted in nicely at Tigerland and at his best was a very, very good player. His run and carry game would have really suited us and was clearly something we were looking for given we’d gone after Treloar and eventually Prestia who are of a similar mold.

I wonder if Carlton screwing us on the Yarran trade was payback for going after a favorite son? Big risk demanding two second rounders for a player with a burgeoning substance issue. Then again maybe they just saw us coming? We’d come off another humiliating finals loss and had just missed out on Treloar then Murphy.

Reactions: 1 user