Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Word is our blokes were a bit more keen to dance than has been implied and wanted to go on with it as well.

If they hadn't have been prevented from doing so, it could have really escalated.

Hopefully they get away with a good lesson at a cheap price, throwing punches in nightclubs can easily cost you 10 years in gaol, or your life.
Nothing like a good slapping to wake up these wanker's.
There's flogs spend a life time going around looking for trouble.
It would've been interesting to see how tough they wouldve been if Nakas or Maric were there.
Where's the cops are they going after the bloke that punched Rioli?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Gillon McLachlan says
“My view is – I respect Damien’s view as Damien’s view – but it’s different. I think our players, and I ask all players that they don’t condone violence and they should be walking away,” McLachlan said.

“It’s difficult at times, I know provocation exists and circumstances are always relevant, but my general position is people need to walk away and be above that.'

So in the instance of a woman being molested Gillon advocates walking away. Tells you all you need to know about Gillon.
What a gutless effort from Gil.
Had an opportunity to support his AFL players from being victimised whilst trying to live a normal life and instead chose to make them the culprits and blamed them for making a stand against inappropriate behaviour.
*smile* weak and total lack of leadership. This will only reinforce public’s view that they shouldn’t be out and if they do, they’re fair game.
I’m thoroughly despondent with AFL footy,
Only a Premiership will lift my mood.

Reactions: 9 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Had an opportunity to support his AFL players from being victimised whilst trying to live a normal life and instead chose to make them the culprits and blamed them for making a stand against inappropriate behaviour.
*smile* weak and total lack of leadership. This will only reinforce public’s view that they shouldn’t be out and if they do, they’re fair game.
Yer, just leaves you really unsure of where the anti-Richmond agenda emanates from. Thought it was just from SHocking and the likes of Brad Scott?

Also really wondering about the McLaughlin family background.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's not just our sponsor in this instance Lee. The AFL has decreed that one of their premier partners, McDonald's will have signage rights to the match balls used in all games. United is the ball sponsor for us and 3 other clubs I believe. But all clubs will be affected as they will lose the ball sponsor; whether the sponsor stays on in another area remains to be seen. United has made the call to walk away altogether.

Another example of the AFL riding roughshod over clubs. I think I read that they claim the clubs will be better off under this arrangement but let's see how that plays out...........................
Typical AFL. Major sponsors to be imposed all over every club. Junk food n sugary soft drink for the kiddies n booze n the punt for the grown ups. What better way for them to get everyone lazy n fat arsed or to pissed to drive n sitting in front of the telly watching games and even more ads for the same *smile*.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
H
Yer, just leaves you really unsure of where the anti-Richmond agenda emanates from. Thought it was just from SHocking and the likes of Brad Scott?

He always been a walnut.
Nothing has changed.
I thought you couldn't get any worse then Demitiruo, but this clown beats him hands down.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If a flog comes up and slaps his misses on the ass.
Will the gutless prick just walk away?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Re Gil: Very wealthy SA farmers.
Gil a silver spoon private school boy( and good amateur footballer)
Love their polo and fine wine. Drinks occasionally at the Middle Park Hotel.

Not sure it’s all anti Richmond. It’s sanitised sponsor driven corporate dribble and all about image and ultimately $ over the athletes who actually play the game. Without them, they’re stuffed.
I seriously would not want my son playing AFL football as a career. For all the restrictions placed on them and discipline required, let alone the physical demands of this high impact sport, they’d be better off playing basketball or soccer where the real money is.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Hocking has sent an agenda.
A unbelievably hard fixture.
Umpires instructed to bend us over.
Rule changes.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Re Gil: Very wealthy SA farmers.
Gil a silver spoon private school boy( and good amateur footballer)
Love their polo and fine wine. Drinks occasionally at the Middle Park Hotel.

Not sure it’s all anti Richmond. It’s sanitised sponsor driven corporate dribble and all about image and ultimately $ over the athletes who actually play the game. Without them, they’re stuffed.
I seriously would not want my son playing AFL football as a career. For all the restrictions placed on them and discipline required, let alone the physical demands of this high impact sport, they’d be better off playing basketball or soccer where the real money is.
Yer, just did some googling myself. Knew they were from a wealthy, landowner background but suspected possibly ultra-conservative (maybe fundamentalist God-bothers or something). Pretty close - high Anglican St. Peter's College, Crowtown.

But then I spotted it. He spent a few years on Carlton's supplementary list!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

yeah Gill has totally lost me now - never liked what he did and now happy to hang our players out - he did it last year with the Kebab bros and he has done it again.

Reckon the club have finally had enough.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
By Gil’s logic, someone could run up to him and punch him in the face, and he’d expect us to condemn his decision to engage in a violent altercation instead of walking away.

He’s just anti-Richmond because the more premierships we win, the greater the demand for our CEO to be pushed into his job.

If Gale takes over, it’s game over for the boys club and that’s what this is really about IMO.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
In 2019 we *smile* Gil's baby GWS sideways in the Grand Final. Make no mistake it's not Hocking that hates us, he's just the henchman.

View attachment 12165
Hocking 100%.
How and why does the umpires boss walk 7 weeks into a season?
Because he getting told to do things he has never heard before in 20+ years in the system.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
In 2019 we *smile* Gil's baby GWS sideways in the Grand Final. Make no mistake it's not Hocking that hates us, he's just the henchman.

View attachment 12165
Do they look like they enjoyed the game?
They torn inside out.
Hocking is fuming Geelong lost another GF and Gilligan can't work out how a club with so many interruptions can be so good.
They both spent last summer, planning and constructing a way to end our run.
*Give Geelong 3 games at kardanina park in the last 3 rounds. (Come into finals in form)
*Give port a fixture of only playing Footscary and Stkilda twice.
*rule changes and 100% advising the umpires to rule against us in 50/50 decisions and ignore free kicks that we shouid get.
How can we be -50 in free kicks?
20 more then the next worse.
Hocking is a loser, he played under Blight, coming runners up was there DNA. he can't bear to watch us win flags

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
If a flog comes up and slaps his misses on the ass.
Will the gutless prick just walk away?

I was thinking that Zips, would she be happy with those comments too. Gil might sleeping in the spare bedroom for a while after those idiotic comments.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hocking 100%.
How and why does the umpires boss walk 7 weeks into a season?
Because he getting told to do things he has never heard before in 20+ years in the system.
That’s something that has gotten very little coverage. It needs to be brought up a lot and Hocking and Gil need to answer for it.

Reactions: 1 users