Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Culprit should have to undertake the AFL's Respect & Responsibility program.

See that the AFL has also knocked one of our sponsors on the head (United Petroleum).

This is nearly it for me. *smile* hypocrites.
It's not just our sponsor in this instance Lee. The AFL has decreed that one of their premier partners, McDonald's will have signage rights to the match balls used in all games. United is the ball sponsor for us and 3 other clubs I believe. But all clubs will be affected as they will lose the ball sponsor; whether the sponsor stays on in another area remains to be seen. United has made the call to walk away altogether.

Another example of the AFL riding roughshod over clubs. I think I read that they claim the clubs will be better off under this arrangement but let's see how that plays out...........................

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Gillon McLachlan says
“My view is – I respect Damien’s view as Damien’s view – but it’s different. I think our players, and I ask all players that they don’t condone violence and they should be walking away,” McLachlan said.

“It’s difficult at times, I know provocation exists and circumstances are always relevant, but my general position is people need to walk away and be above that.'

So in the instance of a woman being molested Gillon advocates walking away. Tells you all you need to know about Gillon.

Ridiculous.

Daniel merely spoke up. What Gillon is suggesting is for men to keep their mouths shut when women are sexually harassed - which is totally consistent with the way he runs AFL HQ.

Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Made more difficult because Aarts can't match them in this department.
Yes, but Aarts is at or going above-average in virtually all stats in this season like goals 1.4 a game cf. 1.1 career. Arguably turned out to be our best forward in the bashing by the Moggs with 3 precious goals. So appears to be an improving player in an average year. Sure, he might lack their speed and power-running ability; maybe that means he gets to stay closer to goal. However, he bobs up consistently though and is clearly performing his role ok to good.

Whereas Rioli and Castagna both down on career averages in most stats (just on RFC site). Didn't see metres gained though.

Overall, not sure that makes him a weakness.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“Bad things happen when good men do nothing.”

Good man defends his female partner.

”Toxic masculinity!”

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ridiculous.

Daniel merely spoke up. What Gillon is suggesting is for men to keep their mouths shut when women are sexually harassed - which is totally consistent with the way he runs AFL HQ.

This is what I don't get. The reports indicate that all Rioli did was to speak up when his GF was approached/touched by the offender. Then he got whacked.

It seems to me that it wasn't Rioli or Shai who instigated any violence, in fact, there are no reports indicating either of them even threw a punch, although that is very unclear.

So, the AFL are saying we should not stand up against violence against women? Big surprise there.

DS

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
As reported by some of the other chaps here Gil pretty much disagrees with Dimma.
Players should be walking away.
Not condoning violence.
They interviewed Dan as he was walking into Punt Rd.
Nothing new came out.

Gil has lost the plot.
He looks like he is in a daze.
Got the glazed eye look.

They've taken our ball sponsor away, all the cuts to the coaching dept.
What's next?
We don't like you in Yellow and Black anymore, can you wear pink from now on?
Gilquarters has gone mad.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ridiculous.

Its typical victim blaming.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
So our blokes have their story and the other party's got another and no doubt someone else will pop up with a completely different version of events. ..... as an incoherent Robinson would say..... I'm plabbergasted no footage of the scuffle has emerged.
There was a bit of push and shove in the donuts queue after the footy last week and I guarantee 20 people started filming it..!

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Ridiculous.

Certainly is but the question is why is he not condemned for it?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
As reported by some of the other chaps here Gil pretty much disagrees with Dimma.
Players should be walking away.
Not condoning violence.
They interviewed Dan as he was walking into Punt Rd.
Nothing new came out.

Gil has lost the plot.
He looks like he is in a daze.
Got the glazed eye look.

They've taken our ball sponsor away, all the cuts to the coaching dept.
What's next?
We don't like you in Yellow and Black anymore, can you wear pink from now on?
Gilquarters has gone mad.
Can we wear our Prison Bar Guernsey against Port??
20210513_184927.jpg

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It's not just our sponsor in this instance Lee. The AFL has decreed that one of their premier partners, McDonald's will have signage rights to the match balls used in all games. United is the ball sponsor for us and 3 other clubs I believe. But all clubs will be affected as they will lose the ball sponsor; whether the sponsor stays on in another area remains to be seen. United has made the call to walk away altogether.

Another example of the AFL riding roughshod over clubs. I think I read that they claim the clubs will be better off under this arrangement but let's see how that plays out...........................
So glad Kennett have them a good old spray today. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but at least he keeps the bastards honest.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Word is our blokes were a bit more keen to dance than has been implied and wanted to go on with it as well.

If they hadn't have been prevented from doing so, it could have really escalated.

Hopefully they get away with a good lesson at a cheap price, throwing punches in nightclubs can easily cost you 10 years in gaol, or your life.
so Daniel & Shai lied to the club ?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

What a disgrace, United is an Australian owned independent fuel supplier and have been kicked to the kerb for a multi national company. Good to see you looking after Australian companies Gill :mad:

• Angry

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Depends what they told them I suppose.

I've heard there is a dispute as to who did what initially, a scuffle ensued and when it was broken up our guys wanted to go on with it and were asked to leave. After that they really wanted to go on with it.
Can't beat the rumour mill to come up with a dozen versions of what happened. Only if a video is published will we learn the truth on what did / did not happen

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Depends what they told them I suppose.

I've heard there is a dispute as to who did what initially, a scuffle ensued and when it was broken up our guys wanted to go on with it and were asked to leave. After that they really wanted to go on with it.
Don’t blame them...
*smile* umpires.

• Haha