Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Reckon that's one of the best games he has ever played for the club. (outside of the prelim)

Reactions: 6 users
Shows you how much easier good players find the backline than the forward line.

Always thought Tambling would have made a great back pocket.

Rioli/Broad/Pickett have been our best 3 in 2022.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm still shaking my head how that was not htb against naughton when he tried to don't argue rioli. If that was Dusty he gets pinged every time, but cos it's someone else they ignore it. Does my head in.
Naughton absolutely *smile* himself when he tried to don’t argue Dan, and Rioli did not let go. Rioli learned about the don’t argue from the Master.

Reactions: 4 users
So happy for Dan, what a great sight it is to see him streaming out of D50 to deliver neatly to advantage.

Reactions: 3 users
Plenty of sauce on the sausage rioli last night. Seems to be enjoying himself since he shifted to the defence.

Reactions: 1 user
He’s in rare form.
Doesn’t fumble, electric pace and precision with disposals.
Was only 4 games ago many on here were saying he’s not a back man.
Think that argument is officially dead.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Watching Rioli play I thought about RFC drafting hard for the HBF positions. Can see Rioli holding down this role for a number of years so it makes you wonder when someone like Tom Brown is going to get a game?

Not only a great game from Rioli but don't forget what a good game Pickett played.
he seemed to be everywhere and took some excellent marks and loved his evasive moves.

Watching Rioli play I thought about RFC drafting hard for the HBF positions. Can see Rioli holding down this role for a number of years so it makes you wonder when someone like Tom Brown is going to get a game?
many players end up in a different position than they played u18s.

Geez he played well. Gave us great attacking run out of the back line but defended well when he needed to.

Great game Danny.

Highlights how we missed him in the 2nd half last week. Twisted his ankle, went back on but didn't do much. And we missed his stopping ability and run.
Fast becoming/ has become very important

Has built up his body and is high on confidence. Would be kicking three a week in this form on the forward line. Yes he can play halfback but where do we need him most? He is still our best small forward when Shai is in the midfield.

He's very good defensively also. Is able to negate the dangerous small forwards.

Forget about him going up forward. Not going to happen.

Daniel's out of contract, so any thoughts of putting him up forward are likely to see him leave as a free agent. It was obvious last year his heart wasn't into staying up forward. We've recruited some others who can probably take a spot up there (Cumberland, Clarke, Jnr). Time to look to the future, not the past. Rioli is settling into his role nicely.

Reactions: 4 users
it was good to see him take that dipstick Weightman completely out of the game

Reactions: 1 users

Grimes and Vlas are entering the end parts of their career - both now starting to struggle just a little with their injuries so Brown will hopefully be cherry ripe to take their place when needed.

If Brown is that good he will play when ready, particularly as we are seeing Stack struggle as a depth player at the moment.