Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
He needs to stop with the accountability, team defense and elite ball use.

No chance of going past Stewart and Byrne Jones in the AA race with overrated qualities like those!

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
In career best.

*really* flying now and a credit to all involved in his rewiring.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
That bastard Conservativewick has our glamourous royal playing tight a lot while we get that stinginess back. And, of course, to develop him.

But it thrills me to observe Daniel Rioli's contempt for a rival's grip on the football. The way he takes it off em and sizzles away with it.

And so agile. 1m turning circle at speed.

Does he like to break through the middle of the ground? Yep. He's full of hurt.

Eighth game on a HBF? Pretty exciting prospect. He will be getting more attention when we're up in class.

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He’s gone from a B- player to a A- player since moving into defence.
The trajectory is clear. He’s on the up.
Many good HBFs lauded for quantity of possessions and metres gained.
They should watch Daniel actually play the game of football. Instinctive, electric and assured. With a little bit of toughness thrown in.
In the forward line Daniel did his job.
In the backline we’ve recruited a gun.

Reactions: 7 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Had a couple of timid moments today.

A Richmond man must preserve his well being, scoop. And 75kg Daniel (who already missed a year through a heroic groundball win) is vulnerable to thuggery from the millions of less talented players. He must play sensible football. And within his role.

Moreover, the best players avoid collisions. Daniel is a genius at that.

Having said all that, Daniel is still not always certain where to run. And that can cause hesitation. But where we see some of our other players clearly lacking in confidence that their bodies can withstand the collisions, I think Daniel Rioli has measured his and is playing smart.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Is it just me or have Daniel's skills improved?

I never thought him an elite kick, but he is incredibly smooth coming out of defence, and seems to make the right decisions. Is cutting up teams.

Reactions: 3 users