Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

We cannot afford to lose him. We saw last night what our attack out of D50 looks like when he's not there (his worst game in memory, was he tagged??).

I think he is keen to stay, let's hope we keep him.
It was the perfect setting to throw him forward. Livingstone.

Put him in the midfield, bring in Kaleb Smith for rebound.
Yeh, I've always wanted to see him play a wing. He has a huge tank and is so creative with his use.

Reactions: 1 user
If it’s two firsts, I’ll drive him to the airport.

You don’t say no to that.

If it’s Bailey Humphrey and a first, you take it.

He was terrific a few times and diabolical at others. Will defend and can.

Ball use looks stale.

6Turnover. 1SI.

Kept running but was off.
Hopefully just one of those nights for the Sausage. He's had a big week with a surprise family visit for the big event Dream Time game n Unca Moju missing out after the build up of doing the jumper design. The whole shebang might just have left him 5% off.

If it’s two firsts, I’ll drive him to the airport.

You don’t say no to that.

If it’s Bailey Humphrey and a first, you take it.
They're not giving up Humphrey.

I'd rather pick 20 25 35 cap space for Short.

Why do you hate Daniel Rioli? On track for a second top-2 B&F in three years.

You don't trade Riolis.

And while we’re at it, let’s see what either Trezise or Green can do in the midfield instead of plonker Dow.
Trezise looks a natural at half-back. I'd let him establish himself there first.

In: Smith, Trezise
Out: Dow, Short

Green, not convinced. Think he's up against it.

Yeh, I've always wanted to see him play a wing. He has a huge tank and is so creative with his use.
Daniel needs space. Not much chop in constant congestion. Gets monstered by the big midfielders. Will run all day and team creativity is his forte.
However he does need a forward in front of him who knows what he is doing a la Lynchy.

“Can ya hear me,Tommy”

His gut running off the HB line is irreplaceable at the moment. Don’t think Tresize or Smith have the tank.

Trezise would have to play mid in the twos first, but there's a spot at half-back, two if we move The Prince to the mids and Capuano Short.
Both played the majority of their junior years on the ball. For all intents and purposes they’re both out of position right now, especially Green.

And like we have a great on ball brigade right now ? We need solutions. Start finding them.

Both played the majority of their junior years on the ball. For all intents and purposes they’re both out of position right now, especially Green.

And like we have a great on ball brigade right now ? We need solutions. Start finding them.
We dominated clearance last night. My solution is put Rioli in there. I really like Trezise and not opposed to it, just think he'd be better served coming in at half-back.

They're not giving up Humphrey.

I'd rather pick 20 25 35 cap space for Short.

Why do you hate Daniel Rioli? On track for a second top-2 B&F in three years.

You don't trade Riolis.
Ahh, your rusted on love/ hate for Rioli and Short continues. And I call out Shorts mistakes and I’m open to trading him.
Rioli is a horrible defender, leaks goals but with ball in hand and slicing through he is a weapon.

I don’t hate Rioli at all. He is a 28 in Round 1 next year playing the easily replaceable role. Running top 5 in a side that finishes second last doesn’t mean all that much at 27 and in a side that barely anyone has played all the games. When we were making finals and in the cut and thrust of it, he rarely finished top 12 in any Jack Dyer. To outsiders that’s a chance to extract overs. We need more picks at the pointy end. If he wants to go great, if he wants to stay great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users