Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

We dominated clearance last night. My solution is put Rioli in there. I really like Trezise and not opposed to it, just think he'd be better served coming in at half-back.
Green had 6 disposals in 17 minutes when he finally came on last night and had a big impact - because we pushed him up onto the ball a bit.

Get down to training this week and tell Morris and Yze to do it again.

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh, your rusted on love/ hate for Rioli and Short continues. And I call out Shorts mistakes and I’m open to trading him.
Rioli is a horrible defender, leaks goals but with ball in hand and slicing through he is a weapon.

I don’t hate Rioli at all. He is a 28 in Round 1 next year playing the easily replaceable role. Running top 5 in a side that finishes second last doesn’t mean all that much at 27 in a side that barely anyone has played all the games. When we were making finals and in the cut and thrust of it, he rarely finished top 12 in any Jack Dyer. To outsiders that’s a chance to extract overs. We need more picks at the pointy end. If he wants to go great, if he wants to stay great.
He is not horrible defensively. Short is.

He is not horrible defensively. Short is.
If you can’t see it, boy I don’t know. Running off on Charlie Cameron last week at the centre bounce stoppage, got toasted by Gresham quite a few times last night, transition running is half paced. And yes Short has problems.

You are a classic “what about” guy with Rioli.

So you’d knock back two firsts? The silent bear and a first?

It’s Dan Rioli FFS, not Chris Judd.

He's a rip the guts player. Put him in the guts and let him rip.

Burst from stoppage. Short way home.

Its the time to do it. When Bolton was in the midfield our midfield was transformed just by having a quick evasive player in there. Obviously will miss the next 2 games, so a perfect chance to see if Dan can influence in the middle. Have him play the same role as Bolton, he's a smart enough footballer to be able to slot in there IMO, and we'd love him kicking inside 50 more often.

As we know, speed kills in the midfield, and without Shai, we are seriously lacking in the speed stakes through the middle.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep try him in the middle, not as an extraction mid, more as a receive and send the ball forward. We often seem to get our hands on the ball in the centre but then don't know what to do with it or don't have anyone to receive the ball on the outside.

As for trading, I would be working hard to keep Dan, he is a quality player. If we can't keep him then extract a big price, they have to pay overs, he is contracted and required, they have to pay way overs or go jump.

DS

If they want Rioli they’re going to have to cough up something very good. If they want Short we’ll take whatever’s offered.

Reactions: 1 users