Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

pumped

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 14, 2014
I got my old vfl jumper with no17 signed by Maurice while he was still with us, in 2001 *sigh*

riolihero3.jpg

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Welcome, Daniel. Hope you can develop into a fine player at the Tiges. Your uncle was one of the best I have ever seen.
Might need time to develop; I hope fans realise and allow for that. Very light body for now, but went to the trouble of comparing with Cyril. According to Sqauwks website, Dan is 3cm taller. Good to see.

Loved the highlights on our site: speed; agility and evasiveness; cleverness and ability to win contests; as well can take a high mark.

Still for future reference I would like to see our faves not revealed so blatantly like Oliver and Ah Chee. Maybe I'm wrong and it would not have changed a thing, but you almost have to play this like a spy-game and keep the opposition, and media, in the dark amap about the talent you're wild about.

Certainly we may have alerted the whole comp to Oliver's potential after playing him in our VFL side etc.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
if he's anything like Cyril he'll be playing seniors straight away even more so considering the club is screaming out for his crumbing, speed pressure and X factor up forward... welcome to Tigerland young man :clap

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
Welcome Daniel, I hope you have a successful time while you are with us!

Surely he will have to earn his number, like all the players after Dimma arrived (?)

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Not sure if this is correct or not, but saw a post on another site which was a bit tongue in cheek, ( but possibly true ?) which said that all VFL/AFL teams that have drafted a Rioli have gone on to play in a GF the following year. Tiges with Maurice, Hawks with Willie, Bombers with Dean and then the Hawks with Cyril. It's just one of those givens in football!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Watching the highlights of his games at North Ballarat's home ground gave me chills.

because I used to ride my pushbike past there up Creswick Rd 5 days a week for 3 and a half years riding to Ballarat North Tech. :p

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Great Uncle so the website says.
All a bit confusing if he's Cyril's cousin and Cyril is Maurice's nephew.
Unless Daniel is the son of Cyril's cousin.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
hopefully does well despite the Baloo kiss of death. Its the heaviest of burdens.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
tigertime2 said:
Dan is Cyrillic cousin.....He calls Cyril uncle but they are cousins

My understanding is -
Daniels Fathers (Brad) Father (Sebastian) is Maurices brother
Daniels Father (Brad) in Deans brother
Cyrils Father (Cyril snr) is Maurices brother also

Maurice is Daniels grandfathers brother who can also be referred to as grandfather
Cyril is Daniels fathers first cousin who can also be referred to as uncle

apparently there are more Riolis coming - one aged 14 another 11.