Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
one of the great and unique players of the entire league
Too true, one of a kind. Can't think of a player in history that is comparable. One of many players in this team who embody chaos and unpredictability.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Helped turn the game around when he went into middle (finally) after half time.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
did he bust out another pirouette tonight,

or was I having a flashback?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
absolute warrior.

hes like a 6ft, fast, black, Nank
Yeh, sat on the fence in front row tonight and it was a joy to watch him up close. He is proper tough. And he’s getting better. He’s getting confidence in his decision making and kicking. And he likes rucking ! Against anyone. And you can see the smaller and part time rucks hate rucking against him. Just hate it. Because he’s proper tough. Really starting to become a favourite.

Reactions: 11 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeh, sat on the fence in front row tonight and it was a joy to watch him up close. He is proper tough. And he’s getting better. He’s getting confidence in his decision making and kicking. And he likes rucking ! Against anyone. And you can see the smaller and part time rucks hate rucking against him. Just hate it. Because he’s proper tough. Really starting to become a favourite.

yeah watching Marlion float live and hearing him tackle people was the highlight of my 2020, after the flag obviously.

he's some player. very unique.

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Best game he has played IMO.

Had to stand up with our mids depleted and he did exceptionally well.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Love what this bloke is doing. How’s the vertical leap? He could represent Australia in high jump at the Olympics. He had one absolute howler tonight but overall he played a great game. He’s really improving and playing some great footy.

Also love his demeanour. Nothing phases him. So cool.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Moved up the order. Got better. Played with authority, accomplishment.

WOW.

Matchwinner. Hit every category and won contests. Used. Imposed himself on losing situations and won. Used. Used.

I am now a fan.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Moved up the order. Got better. Played with authority, accomplishment.

WOW.

Matchwinner. Hit every category and won contests. Used. Imposed himself on losing situations and won. Used. Used.

I am now a fan.
He's a midfielder Jack, pure and simple.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's a midfielder Jack, pure and simple.
The frequent challenge. The experience. The minor failure. And again. The brink of personal success. The overall recognition. The reassurance of that. (Over 20 games.)

Marlion's game tonight. Midfield is harder. And, yes, Tm. He did seem to thrive there tomight. Was he slapping no BWA Bont?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
It's like a toddler discovering for the first time they can walk, can't stop them. Since Pickett came to Tigers didn't think he could jump until a couple of weeks back. Now he's jumping high at every opportunity. But bizarre really.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I remember hearing Grant Thomas talk about Brett Deledio on a few occasions, in particular when he was at GWS those last couple of years. He was somewhat critical, I think it was during a couple of the finals games GWS played. Paraphrasing here but Thomas suggested on occasion that Lids was a player who actually didnt want the ball in his hands/ran away from the ball when the game was tough and the heat was on.

Not saying I am a fan of Thomas but I did agree with this observation watching Lids during those games. And with us at times too.

Marlion is the absolute opposite I think of what Thomas recognised in Lids.
To me, Marlion looks like he enjoys the extra responsibility of being in the middle, rucking, as a defensive winger who gets a finger tip to the ball to ensure the oppo dont take a mark, tackling hard, and likes helping the other indigenous players. He is a mature man with a hard body, brave, with what looks like real leadership on the ground. And to be honest, he has young legs if you know what I mean - some of our players are starting to look exhausted by the years.
Not Marlion.

Reactions: 1 users