Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

If the bump hit his head then the rules say a week. Given CTE risk then this is fair.

If the bump didn’t hit the head then surely nothing to answer.

The bump didn’t hit the head.

If we are banning bumps that cause whiplash then you can’t cause any contact anywhere on the ground the causes a players’ momentum to stop when they aren’t ready for it and that is the death of AFL as a contact sport.
Knees in the back of the head from a marking attempt will be next.

Reactions: 1 users
So Higgins gets concussed but nothing to answer for Geelong player but good hip and shoulder and no concussion Tiger gets a week. This is beyond a joke

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users
Christian's actually left it fairly easy for us to challenge this.

He went with Careless conduct, high contact and medium impact.
He could have easily gone with Intentional, high contact and low impact.

I believe both end up with 1 match suspensions but based on previous incidents (someone above posted Selwood - low impact), I would think we have a fair chance of turning around the medium impact down to low (and then a fine), rather than intentional down to careless (as he clearly engaged the contact - whilst not attempting to hit his head).

I reckon knowing this, its a no brainer to appeal, as I reckon we are a good chance to reduce that to low impact bearing in mind the Hawthorn player played the game out. I doubt the Hawks doctors would try and screw us over this.
By impact do they really mean consequence?

I could be run over by a car at low speed and hit my head on the ground and die.
I could be hit by a fast moving car and be flipped into the air and land on my side and walk away (or get away with a broken leg)

(No need for YouTube videos to counter my examples, hope my point is clear )

Win or lose, we had to show the AFL we’re not prepared to lie down.
Club probably felt greater pressure to appeal than normal because of the significance of next weeks game for Pickett.
But it’s a great opportunity to show the league and the entire football industry how inconsistent the tribunal actually is.
Bring it on.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
So Pickett gets charged with medium impact but Dylan Moore gets straight back up, no injury, no concussion and no free-kick either.
Jack Higgins was concussed by Kolodjashnij with the same action as Pickett, yet the MRO deems it not a reportable offence?
Beyond words!

koli.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Basically it just comes down to whether Pickett hit him in the head or body, if it’s a head hit we won’t be able to argue it down to low impact and the suspension will stand. If it’s a hit to the body then it is the same as the Higgins incident which was graded as contact to the body, hence even though there was a concussion it was not a reportable offence. The Pickett vision isn’t clear but looks to me like he hit him in the shoulder/arm not head, and I’m assuming that’s what we are planning to argue, and should be successful

Reactions: 4 users
So Pickett gets charged with medium impact but Dylan Moore gets straight back up, no injury, no concussion and no free-kick either.
Jack Higgins was concussed by Kolodjashnij with the same action as Pickett, yet the MRO deems it not a reportable offence?
Beyond words!

View attachment 15409
Not gonna defend Kolowhatsisname but StKilda said he'd been hit earlier in a contest. .... so what's he still doing on the ground?
It's my understanding that those knuckleheads in Eddies ARC are supposed to flag any potential head knocks to club medicos.

Ain't going to get a downgrade from medium impact to low. When Pickett hits it ain't low impact.

Need to argue that he didn't make contact with the head. The Tribunal will then need to be convinced head contact has been made. Any ambuguity should go in Pickett's favor. This is the AFL though so don't expect logic to prevail.

So if AFL still finds Marlion is guilty, then the Hawks sent the player back out there concussed, should they be fined ?

Have just looked at the incident and I think we are a chance of arguing it down to low impact.

Hawthorn's medical report and evidence will make for interesting reading.

Basically it just comes down to whether Pickett hit him in the head or body, if it’s a head hit we won’t be able to argue it down to low impact and the suspension will stand. If it’s a hit to the body then it is the same as the Higgins incident which was graded as contact to the body, hence even though there was a concussion it was not a reportable offence. The Pickett vision isn’t clear but looks to me like he hit him in the shoulder/arm not head, and I’m assuming that’s what we are planning to argue, and should be successful
Yep and they'll be asking Dylan to testify if he felt contact to his head.

Reactions: 2 users
That’s how I see it and read it Brando.

Watching at the time and commentary afterwards.. it was a bump.

I like to think it’s not by bias towards my love of how Pickett attacks contests clouding judgement.

Guess I/we will know tomorrow night!

Reactions: 2 users