Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Club needs to appeal this.
We're normally pretty accepting of whatever stuff the AFL throws at us ...
But this decision is absurd, and all things considered, kind of loaded ...

Reactions: 3 users

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Clearly no intent to hurt or maim, just a fair hip n shoulder. The game is rooted. Hope I'm not banned for sayin that!!

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
It looks bad because of how the Hawthorn player recoils upon impact, but i'm not convinced that's because Marlion hit him in the head. He just caught him off balance. Neither did the Hawthorn player hit his head either on the way down, so if this hit does warrant suspension then the bump is most definitely dead.

Reactions: 4 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
No Hawthorn players came in to remonstrate with Marlion, so you would think they thought it was fair. Lucky it wasn't that other Pickett.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
No Hawthorn players came in to remonstrate with Marlion, so you would think they thought it was fair. Lucky it wasn't that other Pickett.
One ran up to Pickett to remonstrate, then changed his mind when got close..

Reactions: 2 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I haven't seen it in super slow motion, but surely even if there's a graze to the head at some point, 99% of the impact was to the body. Otherwise he would have not only been concussed, but surely would have been knocked out. As it was he just got up and jogged up the field. Didn't grab his head or anything.

Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
If you want to be incensed have a read of this and check the picture of Selwood's hit that was rated low impact last year.
AFL cracks down on head-high contact among key 2022 Match Review changes
efbf07aa35e95242d44bbbfa7489f926

• Angry

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It looks bad because of how the Hawthorn player recoils upon impact, but i'm not convinced that's because Marlion hit him in the head. He just caught him off balance. Neither did the Hawthorn player hit his head either on the way down, so if this hit does warrant suspension then the bump is most definitely dead.
I haven't seen it in super slow motion, but surely even if there's a graze to the head at some point, 99% of the impact was to the body. Otherwise he would have not only been concussed, but surely would have been knocked out. As it was he just got up and jogged up the field. Didn't grab his head or anything.

I mentioned in the MRP thread basically these 2 points.
I reckon there's enough to suggest his head goes back in a whiplash motion and that the doctor's report would make an interesting read.

Marlion's hit him with a fair amount of force and therefore you would think if he actually made contact to his head, it would have been lights out!

Plenty of cases are successfully appealed when the available evidence is up for a forensic assessment... Let's hope this is one of them.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Saddest part for me ( besides it been Dreamtime) is that was a brilliant bit of team play, Pickett summed up the situation perfectly that Bakes was in the better position to take possession and move forward , so he simply did the best action in creating space for his teammate.

In years to come the game may well be a much safer and better spectacle for the fans , however for so many long time lovers of the game it is now a confusing, over umpired, softer ( not the players) very very distant version of “ footy”

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
STAND, DISSENT are shockers. Constant rule changes mean us mug punters can't keep up. Konrad's Stevic interview last week was a good read. He said something like commentators (and the public) don't know the rules of the game.
AFL's concussion awareness/prevention is necessary. I just had a concussion myself. No fun at all.
But this bump has no head contact. Hawks player's head doesn't hit Pickett or the ground on the way down. He didn't get concussed.
I'd appeal. Shouldn't even be a fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Definitely a bit of elbow there from what I can see in the replay but the hit massively accentuated by the Hawks player. Think they call it staging. Pickett should get this reduced to a fine on appeal.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Not saying Pickett should have got a week. But yeah probably some elbow to head. Staging? Moore went down like bags of spuds. Marls can do that. We know the MRP is an inconsistent farce.