Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I find it hard to believe he’ll play in the ones this year. He’s never played at the level, he’s never played in our team, he doesn’t know the game plan, he would have to be extremely special to dislodge a player who’s been in our system for a lot longer. It would be an amazing story if he did though.
Yeh, so many assuming he just needs a couple of tune ups to slot straight in. Would be remarkable and hopefully he doesn't read PRE.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Who does he put pressure on. Baker? Short? Bolton if he drops from (would have to play 2-3 poor games I would think to drop Bolton now).

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Wasn't he a half-back flanker in the WAFL? Now he's a cotchin replacement and required for finals? This thread is bizarre.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Wasn't he a half-back flanker in the WAFL? Now he's a cotchin replacement and required for finals? This thread is bizarre.
optimistic MD... the bloke is built for AFL that's why we got him .. does he play? why not?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Both Marlion & Ross will play at the MCG :) against the Blues on Sunday 11th August, albeit only in the VFL curtain raiser.

So probably limited game time for both this week and then full games at the 'G' the next. Will be great for Marlion to get a taste of the G and to see where both boys are at.

They will only have 1 more VFL H&A game, (the last round VFL Bye doesn't help), and the 1st VFL final after that to make their case for a finals birth , ideally though either would need to break into the A team for the last round against Brisbane to be in initial finals calculations IMO.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He was a HBF but moved into the midfield in 2018(?) where he blossomed.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Looking at his stats a few thiongs stand out - for a 184cm guy he has a lot of hit-outs so must have a spring on him like a deer.

He has 73 FF and 171 FA. He is clearly an aggressive type.

Looking forward to watching him in action given the hype on here.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
love your work Cezz!
Exciting to hear that Snarlin Marlion will play.
Considering his injury layoff wouldnt have restricted his fitness I would expect a full vfl game this week.
Could play against blues or eagles if in form.
Just enough time to see if he is good enough.

Likely to go into rotations with Shedda ie bit of defence, wing, inside mid.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
One of the most eagerly awaited VFL level debuts ever for the RFC this week .

Hope he has a cracker just for his own confidence.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
One of the most eagerly awaited VFL level debuts ever for the RFC this week .

Hope he has a cracker just for his own confidence.

So much hype and expectation.
Putting the Ben Cousins debut to shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I foresee a lot of upset posters on here if he only gets 30 possies, 10 tackles and 3 goals.

Like all of us, he puts his pants on one leg at a time.

Lets not expect too much.

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I foresee a lot of upset posters on here if he only gets 30 possies, 10 tackles and 3 goals.

Like all of us, he puts his pants on one leg at a time.

Lets not expect too much.
There will be a few on here disappointed if the doesn't win the Brownlow this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users