Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Pickett has four kids and his eldest two boys, Marlion jnr, who is 13, and Lattrell, 11, play together in the under 13s. They play a bit like Dad, but want to play like Shai. They watch his highlights, so there is no shortage of clips. His boys go OK.

“They could be better than me,” Pickett said. “The older one has got the aggression and speed, the younger one’s got skill, yeah, good around goals. They watch a lot of Shai, Shai’s highlights. Always watching Shai,” he said.

Richmond are quietly keeping a keen eye on Marlion’s mounting games tally.

He’s at 66 (unbidden, a senior Richmond figure reflexively recited the stat). He’ll probably get to 100 games any way, but you sense the club will make absolutely sure there’s no way he doesn’t get to that father-son threshold milestone.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Lost faith in Marlion. I now concede he is going to lose a contest, slip, caught holding the ball or turn it over. Needs a spell in the twos

Marlion (that blind turn in the 2019 Granny is still a thing of beauty in my mind) is a wingman. It seems the tricks to his bow aren't as a forward.

Has been poor all season.

Should be dropped on form alone. Can't get near it and isnt doing anything without the ball either. Just a nothing player at the moment.

Graham ( terrible nothing game of plodding behind his opponant all nighg ) on a wing and not marlion was madness

Reactions: 1 user
Hard to believe how poor he has become even with the stupid move to the forward line. Going to be a long 34 games at this rate to qualify his kids.

@Redford you were right last week when you said he was no good up forward. I have come around after tonight. He has mo forward smarts. Can’t impact the contest, cannot read the flight of the ball and cannot hit the scoreboard.

Back to the wing.

Reactions: 1 user