Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
spook said:
He's older. He's 27.

He has been picked as an impact player for next year and we have the back end of this year to see how he goes. Bit like stack - try before you buy.

Very smart by the tigers - make a mockery of the mid season draft by picking a player with a medium term injury - do we put him on our long term injury list and then go back for another pick ;D. - well played tigers.

Welcome Marlin

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
ToraToraTora said:
Not worried about his age at all. We are still in the premiership winning biz.

Correct. We have a heap of young kids coming through. This bloke - if he is the most talented of those available - is a no brainer for us in our current position. Stack and Pickett on the half back line. Love it.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He was the best available talent by a mile. Could easily have five or more years left. Totally worth it.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
rokkafella said:
If he’s out for 6 - 8 weeks, as suggested, I’m confused as to why we would pick him.

Could end up being another Towner.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
From the highlight package , I’d say we pick up his team mate , the big number 18 he has cult hero written all over him.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
The injury aside, almost a perfect scenario where you can bring a player in and educate him in our system while he recovers, gets to know his new teammates and the coaches. It's not like he's injured his finger 4 weeks ago and has lost some touch, he's just done it, so he does his rehab and then becomes available from about round 18 onwards.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Could be a perfect selection if things pan out properly.

Believe he's just had a pin inserted into the broken finger to help it heal properly. We get him over straight away, there's time to get a mini AFL standard pre season into him to ensure his fitness is up to requirements.
8 to 10 weeks for the finger to heal means there'll be enough time to get a couple of VFL games plus a couple of senior games into him and have him match hardened n cherry ripe for a finals campaign.

Our youngsters have been brilliant so far in the early half of the season, but it wouldn't surprise me if one or two of them hit the wall late in the year. A hungry Cotch back for the second half of the year plus a fit n fresh Pickett in the mid as Grigga's replacement, plus Jaaack n Nank back n fit, maybe even Tross as well.

Plenty has to click into place for the second half of the year but we could hit the finals rampaging this year similar to 2017.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Matty Clarke you’ve done it again,an inspired choice.

Maybe debut him just before the Finals.

Marlion’s got a big future with the tigers,can’t wait to see him tear it up on the “G”.

This guy can really play,and can you imagine how determined he will be to succeed and shove it up the naysayers.

It’s an older more experienced version of our Sydney.Good times ahead,lets all sit back and enjoy.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
spook said:
He was the best available talent by a mile. Could easily have five or more years left. Totally worth it.

Why wasn't he picked last year? Presumed discipline issues?

Dash

Staff member
May 10, 2010
I want this bloke, Towner, Martin, Nank and Stack to all play Rd19.