Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Was Great today sure and steady and tough as always and really didn't put a foot wrong had some really important contest wins today especially in the last 3 big plays he won them all.

Probably lead the Backline today.

Rarely lets the team down and has improved as a player every year he's been at the club.
When does it finally dawn on people that Broad has become much more than just a role player?
For me the penny dropped yesterday.
He wins contests and spoils those he doesn’t.
He’s officially a very good player ( and probably has been for some time )

Reactions: 6 users
I thought Broad had been well down in round 1 and through the pre season games. Looked fumbly and kicking was off. But he was back to his best yesterday!

Reactions: 1 user
His first few games were horrible and I wrote him off. Was 200% wrong.

Just so reliable, uses it well almost every time and much more aggressive now with intercepts / leaving man to spoil and kill the ball etc. has a massive tank. Must be one of the first names written down every week.

Reactions: 2 users
I am biased but I have always loved Broads attitude. Early on in his career he was just a journeyman but when he got injured he re-invented himself thanks to great coaches and now he is at his peak and irreplaceable. Even when not at his best he doesn't let us down. At his best like yesterday worth his weight in gold. My fav player and photographer!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I am biased but I have always loved Broads attitude. Early on in his career he was just a journeyman but when he got injured he re-invented himself thanks to great coaches and now he is at his peak and irreplaceable. Even when not at his best he doesn't let us down. At his best like yesterday worth his weight in gold. My fav player and photographer!
One of my fav players for years. Love him - tough, determined, incremental improvement each year, never drops his bundle, never gives away cheap frees (Flossy should pay attention), super low fuss.

11 games to get him to 100 - important. I reckon he's someone who will have boys for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Another great game by Broad. Fought to the 3nd and hardly put a foot wrong all day. If only others had his work ethics

Couldn’t agree more. A few of his teammates could do a lot worse than look how he goes about it.

When Broad first started playing for us I was a little worried that he was a bit panicky, but by the end of 2017 and continuing on to current form, he has developed into a very, very good player. IMO he would be leading the Dyer Medal race.

Reactions: 1 users
He's the boss of our defence
At the moment I think he is the on field boss without Grimes and Tigga there!

Done a great job too holding it together back there.

Was effectively the shut down man in that great 2017 and 2018 wall and just kept at it and continued to develop as a player whilst no one really noticed him.

As versatile as they come and a tough hombre.

Funny part is even up to 2020 and flag number 3 other fans of other clubs still knew nothing of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
If Darcy Byrne Jones can get a gig in the AA then Broad is a dead set certainty.

If DBJ played for us, he’d have a bigger army of naysayers than Short. Darcy loves a blind hack of a kick with no regard for the fact that there are 35 other players also on the field at the same time.

Reactions: 1 users
At the moment I think he is on field boss without Grimes and Tigga there!
Without Grimes & Tigga being there we are getting some serious development into Gibcus, Hugo, Miller, not to mention the sparkling form of 25 year old Daniel, I am pretty happy with how we look down there now and even in the future.
Sitting in the wings are Biggie in career best form and Tom Brown.
I know Biggie has been with us a few years but early doors it appears he has made massive strides over the summer.

Reactions: 9 users