Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Geez that is a touch harsh. Thought he played poorly against GWS but that his only poor showing that i can actually recall.

'Scrubber' comment applied prior to this season. Yeah, harsh on one of our own. He's a good size who can run and play on a range of opponents, but previously he wouldn't get much of the ball and that was the way we wanted it - quintessential role player. Possibly the most anonymous premiership player we have, almost never got mentioned by media. The trust level has gone up and he's responded by showing more strings to his bow and more polish.

There was a passage on the wing the other night where he wheeled around to his right and dropped his opponent off through sheer agility.

He's been great since he came like a bolt from the blue in the VFL, I remember Dimma saying his numbers were impressive and AFL standard at the time. Runs hard, tackles hard, spoils hard. The only knock early days was his disposal but that is now excellent.

Reactions: 1 users
He's been great since he came like a bolt from the blue in the VFL, I remember Dimma saying his numbers were impressive and AFL standard at the time. Runs hard, tackles hard, spoils hard. The only knock early days was his disposal but that is now excellent.

Broady didn’t mind his knockers

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

He was set for the role he still plays now but to a lesser degree as we have only really had one really big KPD since Rance went down.

It was Rutten who apparantly identified him as the key to strengthening the defence in 2017.

The Tigers went next level when he came in the so called Wall was constructed as Broad offered a bigger stronger versatile defensive contested presence than Short whose form had fallen away over the previous 4 -5 games. Broad also had the ability to run the ground with his aerobic capacity and speed.

He was unheralded and went unnoticed and has continued to be somewhat anonymous, yet since he joined the senior side in round 17 of 2017 he has had one of the most significant roles in the game plan.

He has also had the greatest winning percentage of any player in the AFL for games over 50.

Broady said in an interview or media piece that Rutten had told the strength conditioning staff to put a focus on increasing his upper body strength and size whilst rehabbing from a fairly significant AC joint injury at the start of 2017 because they had a job in mind for him.

The job he was called in to do now in hindsight was obvious and Nathan was the perfect man for it.

With the possibility of Dave and Noah holding the KP posts the Tigers Great Wall may just make a return.

Grimes and Broad as 3rd and 4th in line could then allow Tigga and Noah to become more offensive.

Thats a pretty enticing prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
His the type of guy that if you hit the town with, you’re guaranteed a good night.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd be worried I'd wake up the next morning covered in tattoos, or pictures of my bits on line.

Still better than a night with Sidebum. Reckon you'd still know where your trousers were (possibly not much else though).

I watched the replay of the doggies game on the weekend and am now embarrassed that I didn’t give him a vote in my top 5.
What an excellent player he has turned into. The fact that he and Grimes are relatively tall but also really athletic and quick gives our backline enormous flexibility.
Whoever the recruiter was who spotted this guy has done a stellar job.

Reactions: 5 users
He was set for the role he still plays now but to a lesser degree as we have only really had one really big KPD since Rance went down.

It was Rutten who apparantly identified him as the key to strengthening the defence in 2017.

The Tigers went next level when he came in the so called Wall was constructed as Broad offered a bigger stronger versatile defensive contested presence than Short whose form had fallen away over the previous 4 -5 games. Broad also had the ability to run the ground with his aerobic capacity and speed.

He was unheralded and went unnoticed and has continued to be somewhat anonymous, yet since he joined the senior side in round 17 of 2017 he has had one of the most significant roles in the game plan.

He has also had the greatest winning percentage of any player in the AFL for games over 50.

Broady said in an interview or media piece that Rutten had told the strength conditioning staff to put a focus on increasing his upper body strength and size whilst rehabbing from a fairly significant AC joint injury at the start of 2017 because they had a job in mind for him.

The job he was called in to do now in hindsight was obvious and Nathan was the perfect man for it.

With the possibility of Dave and Noah holding the KP posts the Tigers Great Wall may just make a return.

Grimes and Broad as 3rd and 4th in line could then allow Tigga and Noah to become more offensive.

Thats a pretty enticing prospect.
Hey Craig, you've always had intel on Broady and have backed him in since the start - do you know him personally?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure I coined that one, TM, glad you liked. "Brave as a Kellaway" is definitely mine.

Like it.

How about

"As deified as a Bean"
"As unmanly as a Vickery" (sorry went dark very quickly)!

• Haha
Hey Craig, you've always had intel on Broady and have backed him in since the start - do you know him personally?

Hey H .......... no mate I don't know Nathan at all, but i did see his attributes that would make him a handy defender.