Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
7 disposals, 1 goal

Very uninspiring for a mid season draft selection.
He needs time to develop. The word on him was he was graduation type player. Wouldn’t come in and dominate from day 1 but would develop and progress to the level.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Right now, the Tigers could do with that Richmond VFL player (can't spell his name) that Essendon selected in the mid-season draft.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Some are being pretty harsh on him.

Conditions were awful yesterday for marking forwards due to the wind. It also doesn’t help when you rely on a very mediocre midfield for supply. On top of all that, he’s 191cm and 80kg which is third tall size at best yet he’s being asked to play as the primary marking target in the forward line.

Given his size and attributes, I still think he’s going to find it tough to carve out a decent career. However, the club is doing him no favors making him the main target up forward. His best chance is playing a secondary role role up forward or as others have suggested, third tall down back.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some are being pretty harsh on him.

Conditions were awful yesterday for marking forwards due to the wind. It also doesn’t help when you rely on a very mediocre midfield for supply. On top of all that, he’s 191cm and 80kg which is third tall size at best yet he’s being asked to play as the primary marking target in the forward line.

Given his size and attributes, I still think he’s going to find it tough to carve out a decent career. However, the club is doing him no favors making him the main target up forward. His best chance is playing a secondary role role up forward or as others have suggested, third tall down back.
What do you want them to do? Ryan wasn't there yesterday but Tucker played as a bigger forward, and Biggie spent time down there too.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I wouldn't expect any more than the progression we've seen from Cumbo. Noah would have some bursts in games but also many matches with no impact. Cumbo's tracking well with no guarantees he'll even be Plapp quality. Bauer is earlier in that trajectory. Maybe some glimpses next year but he's a 2024-25 prospect ITBHO.

I like Jack's projection that he could end up an intercept defender if he doesn't make it as a forward, too.

I dunno if you got a look at him against Norfs, TBH, but he battled all day. Had Walker who is far too strong for him and poor delivery but he hit up all day. His attack on ground ball was sometimes inspired. Threw himself at a couple.

He did run under a couple but more were just kicked over his head. Tough conditions for marking.

I thought he had an ordinary game but I really liked it. He looks a fighter.

Reactions: 4 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I've watched the VFL most weeks. The delivery inside 50 is not great (it's the standard bomb it in and hope like hell), so given he's a mark on a lead kinda forward, he's going to be up against it to get big stats in our VFL team. It would be nice to see them hit him up on the lead some more.
Our seniors don't even hit up forwards on the lead so he'll fit right in. It's the same "bomb it long to the top of the square" method.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
What do you want them to do? Ryan wasn't there yesterday but Tucker played as a bigger forward, and Biggie spent time down there too.
You are right, the club had no choice in the circumstances and he did the best he could. However I don't think Bauer has been drafted as a key forward, more a Bayley Fritsch type who relies on long leads and accurate kicking from distance.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I dunno if you got a look at him against Norfs, TBH, but he battled all day. Had Walker who is far too strong for him and poor delivery but he hit up all day. His attack on ground ball was sometimes inspired. Threw himself at a couple.

He did run under a couple but more were just kicked over his head. Tough conditions for marking.

I thought he had an ordinary game but I really liked it. He looks a fighter.
Certainly does Jack. I like how he gets involved and doesn't play Joe the Goose. He'll be in the 1sts next season I reckon.....Curnow type.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Played his best game on the weekend.

12 disposals, 8 marks, and 4 goals.

Up until the weekend he hasn't been getting a lot of it, but I've been impressed with his attack on the ball.

Marks and kicks well, and has fair dinkum crack. I think we might've found one, I look forward to how he develops next year.

Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The commentator was very excited about Ferris.
Some of it over the top.
Can mark, can kick.
Needs a preseason in the gym and on the track.
I’d be very interested in understanding his athletic profile

Reactions: 2 users