Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'd like to see him play out of the goal square tomorrow.

Make him our key target and see what he can do.
In the VFL i assume? He is going to have to be the target. He is already our only forward above 6ft, if Ryan gets a late call up he might have to ruck as well!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In the VFL i assume? He is going to have to be the target. He is already our only forward above 6ft, if Ryan gets a late call up he might have to ruck as well!
It Ryan plays AFL Tucker and Young will be 1st choice Ruck.before Bauer.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I like Bauer. He's been improving at VFL level. He can do some smart things. We need him to run further and faster and he'll do that in time. Turned 20 in June.

He does have some ground game. Who knows? Might end up a #3 back but we it wold be real fine if he came on as a Gunston type.

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I like Bauer. He's been improving at VFL level. He can do some smart things. We need him to run further and faster and he'll do that in time. Turned 20 in June.

He does have some ground game. Who knows? Might end up a #3 back but we it wold be real fine if he came on as a Gunston type.
He’s played 2 or 3 games and shown very little, so talk about him playing seniors is ludicrous.
But it’s far too early to tell until he’s done a full preseason.
Don’t think he’s a Jack Riewoldt but a Jack Gunston would be a great result

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007

He is a very natural Goal kicker from mark
Or in play - look at his last quarter vfl goal against Cats. Basically the opposite of George

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I haver a feeling he could be a handy player for the Tigers going forward, a full pre season and more tuition under Jackmond and Teague will be enormous for him.

Another reason I want Jack to go around again is to mentor this lad, not just because he is still contributing as a spear head.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
He’s played 2 or 3 games and shown very little, so talk about him playing seniors is ludicrous.
He’s done enough as a 19yo kpp in first season and would compare pretty well with outputs of r1 draftees around traps elsewhere currently in the reserves

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep we're so bad at drafting that we've only won 3 flags in 5 years.

The saints would love to be so bad.

The glass is 1/2 full not 1/2 empty imo. :)
Not so long ago the glass was overflowing, we're thirsty bastards at Tigerland n another couple of slurps from the cup of joy wouldn't go astray.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He’s done enough as a 19yo kpp in first season and would compare pretty well with outputs of r1 draftees around traps elsewhere currently in the reserves
Done enough?
He kicked 3 in his first game but last game had 3 disposals.
Bit small a sample size to declare he’s matching it with other R1 KPP draftees currently playing in the VFL.
Let’s all hope he develops into a bona fide player but too early to make any predictions

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree, definitely not ready for AFL from what I've seen. But has potential with a good pre-season under his belt.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Done enough?
He kicked 3 in his first game but last game had 3 disposals.
Bit small a sample size to declare he’s matching it with other R1 KPP draftees currently playing in the VFL.
Let’s all hope he develops into a bona fide player but too early to make any predictions
3? Against Collingwood vfl?
My stats say 10 disposals. Not that it matters.
7 goals in 4 games is no world beater but if we put it in perspective that hes about a pick 100ish from his draft year he’s doing okay.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
3? Against Collingwood vfl?
My stats say 10 disposals. Not that it matters.
7 goals in 4 games is no world beater but if we put it in perspective that hes about a pick 100ish from his draft year he’s doing okay.
Once selected, it really doesn’t matter what number pick they were chosen at. They’re either a potential senior player or they’re not.
I hear he’s training well and they’re happy with his progress.
As you say, so far so good.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I've watched the VFL most weeks. The delivery inside 50 is not great (it's the standard bomb it in and hope like hell), so given he's a mark on a lead kinda forward, he's going to be up against it to get big stats in our VFL team. It would be nice to see them hit him up on the lead some more.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I wouldn't expect any more than the progression we've seen from Cumbo. Noah would have some bursts in games but also many matches with no impact. Cumbo's tracking well with no guarantees he'll even be Plapp quality. Bauer is earlier in that trajectory. Maybe some glimpses next year but he's a 2024-25 prospect ITBHO.

I like Jack's projection that he could end up an intercept defender if he doesn't make it as a forward, too.