Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
We’ll look at that.
Who would have thought?
Put Bauer in the forward line and he takes a pack mark and kicks the winning goal after the siren.
Not rocket science is it?

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Well, who would’ve thought, sticky fingers, one grab Bauer, after getting shifted forward , takes a contested mark and kicks the winning goal after the siren.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Couldn’t kick a goal to save ourselves all day
Finally move made send Bauer forward What happens takes mark kicks goal after siren for win
Who’d have thought forwards should be forward not used as backmen

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Saw that Biggy kicked 2-7 - that's an impressive number of shots on goal, even if very unimpressive accuracy.
Do we have something to work with here?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Saw that Biggy kicked 2-7 - that's an impressive number of shots on goal, even if very unimpressive accuracy.
Do we have something to work with here?

Yeah we do. Missed a couple of them that he should have kicked. 4 or 5 were tough kicks. 1 was a great snap in the pocket and sailed through but touched off the boot. Hit the post from about 55m out. On another day he kicks 5.2 or 6.1 and we are all sitting up and going, geez how good was Biggy, won the game off his own boot.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We’ll look at that.
Who would have thought?
Put Bauer in the forward line and he takes a pack mark and kicks the winning goal after the siren.
Not rocket science is it?

Not sure it was a pack mark. a 2 on 1 at the top of the square. Was a good move to move him forward, but he was clearly outmarked at the edge of the 50 just before that which looked to have killed the contest but we forced another contest and got the ball forward for that mark. It was good to see him kick the goal, but I'm not sold on him as a forward, small and was outmarked by a smaller opponent as I mentioned above.

From what I saw he was better back, but a good option that we can swing forward at times.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Not sure it was a pack mark. a 2 on 1 at the top of the square. Was a good move to move him forward, but he was clearly outmarked at the edge of the 50 just before that which looked to have killed the contest but we forced another contest and got the ball forward for that mark. It was good to see him kick the goal, but I'm not sold on him as a forward, small and was outmarked by a smaller opponent as I mentioned above.

From what I saw he was better back, but a good option that we can swing forward at times.
He out marked Bradtke and their Full Back in a crunching aerial contest that left the GWS defender sprawled on the ground and you don’t call it a pack mark?
And yet you want to highlight one he missed a little earlier to mount your case he’s a backman?
Harsh. Thought you might at the very least be dwelling in the euphoria of his game winning goal for the rest of the afternoon before you start deconstructing his great mark

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Young fella didn't mind being the centre of attention once the siren went. Took about three days sucking in air, settling down n lining up his kick from all of fifteen metres out on a miniscule angle. Was prayin he wouldn't flub his kick by stubbing his toe or something equally inept.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He out marked Bradtke and their Full Back in a crunching aerial contest that left the GWS defender sprawled on the ground and you don’t call it a pack mark?
And yet you want to highlight one he missed a little earlier to mount your case he’s a backman?
Harsh. Thought you might at the very least be dwelling in the euphoria of his game winning goal for the rest of the afternoon before you start deconstructing his great mark

Wasn't deconstructing it, but I also wasn't indicating that he was Tony Modra or Jason Dunstall just yet either.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Wasn't deconstructing it, but I also wasn't indicating that he was Tony Modra or Jason Dunstall just yet either.
Anyone who has watched any football would consider it a great mark.
Not sure where Modra and Dunstall come from? Think that’s just being silly

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone who has watched any football would consider it a great mark.
Not sure where Modra and Dunstall come from? Think that’s just being silly

Don't get me wrong, it was a good mark, but he got a free run at it so he was in the best position. You'd surely be disappointed if he didn't take that mark though right?

So was it a great mark or a mark you'd expect him to take. I think its the latter.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Don't get me wrong, it was a good mark, but he got a free run at it so he was in the best position. You'd surely be disappointed if he didn't take that mark though right?

So was it a great mark or a mark you'd expect him to take. I think its the latter.
I think it was the former and think most would.
But you’re entitled to your opinion.
A fitting way to enjoy his 21st birthday so sure he’ll be telling his mates it was mark of the year into the wee hours of tonight

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006

ffs will you people stop saying he is small (192) Cumberland is small (183). He is the ideal size for a 3rd tall fwd!!! and can take a great mark, note how he outmarked taller opponent whilst playing back.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
ffs will you people stop saying he is small (192) Cumberland is small (183). He is the ideal size for a 3rd tall fwd!!! and can take a great mark, note how he outmarked taller opponent whilst playing back.
Hes the same size as JR8 pretty much and Broad and Grimes.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hes the same size as JR8 pretty much and Broad and Grimes.

The thing is (and I've said this before) its not necessarily his size, but for that height to play forward you need at least 1 exceptional standout trait.

Jack as an example is incredibly smart
Darling for example is incredibly strong
Curnow for example has an amazing leap

I'm not sure I see 1 of these outstanding traits with Bauer. I reckon he can make it down back, but unless he has an exceptional trait being smarts, strength, spring etc, I don't see how an undersized player can make it as a key forward.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The thing is (and I've said this before) its not necessarily his size, but for that height to play forward you need at least 1 exceptional standout trait.

Jack as an example is incredibly smart
Darling for example is incredibly strong
Curnow for example has an amazing leap

I'm not sure I see 1 of these outstanding traits with Bauer. I reckon he can make it down back, but unless he has an exceptional trait being smarts, strength, spring etc, I don't see how an undersized player can make it as a key forward.
He does have a great leap and a very very good pair of hands.

Id like to see him get a run as a lead up forward which we are currently lacking.

Reactions: 2 users