Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
We can don both. Play Bauer and push for finals. Could be our Towner moment.
I think finals is still possible but even if we make it I reckon we would be making up numbers. Hard to see Lynch returning, Jack clearly on his last legs, Bauer will need a good 20-30 games before he's ready for finals intensity. On the bright side however, nabbing a key forward with a rookie pick would be brilliant, it makes filling the other gaps much easier and gives Clarke more scope to target some quick midfielders.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
IMG_3490.jpegGreat mark by Bauer launching himself at the ball and managed to hold onto this spectacular mark

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its time.

Even moreso with Lynch looking more unlikely to return in any capacity let alone fit enough to play.

Bring him in let him learn from the great JR8 let him fl;y for marks.

He could become a point of difference player going forward, there is a spot there.

Give him a crack a real one extended gamnes.

Reactions: 6 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Reckon that a strong marking player is getting harder to find.Think we have one here.Cannot see any harm in giving him a gig ATM.

Reactions: 4 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Pity this thread does not use his correct name. Hey Tony any problem with using Jacob? Let's change it asap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has sticky fingers, an accurate kick at goal, hits the pack hard, brings the ball to ground if he can't mark it, Lynch has been out most of the year, and he is being played as a defender......:unsure:

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Has sticky fingers, an accurate kick at goal, hits the pack hard, brings the ball to ground if he can't mark it, Lynch has been out most of the year, and he is being played as a defender......:unsure:
Playing him back and making him accountable seems to have been a great bit of development. Looks super fit and now ready for crack at the big time

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Playing him back and making him accountable seems to have been a great bit of development. Looks super fit and now ready for crack at the big time
Yep, has been.....ok down back, marking has been good, his field kicking is generally pretty good too. I don't think accountability has been a strength down back though.
My main point is, with Tom out injured, Bauer's very good marking and accurate goal kicking would've been handy alongside Jack, especially on what he showed in the VFL last year, and having kicked 6 goals from two game this season before being moved to the backline.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Bauer is doing all the right things at VFL level and the coach rates him so deserves his chance against the Swans as for all the tinkering to date, our forward line is not functioning so a new face might be the answer

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Thing I like about Bauer is he jumps AT the ball. It’s makes things predictable for the crumbers if he doesn’t take the mark and defenders hate guys who jump at the ball and quite often give away frees trying to stop them.
Get him
In.