Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Maybe he’s best playing a bit more 2s footy , I just hope we keep playing him in the same role at either level , no good mixing him around at this point
Would like to know why we brought Bauer in at the mid season draft last year if he wasn’t ready to play afl. Thought the whole idea of the msd was to replace someone on the long term injury list.

Reactions: 1 user
Jacob may have played "most of his footy" down back in Sydney and SA but he was not a success! It was only when he went forward and started to kick goals that he attracted the interest of RFC. He does have speed and is an exceptional mark and does not lack courage and intensity. He is undersized as a key forward but 4cm taller than Fritsch, 5cm taller than Townsend, Taller than both Henry's at Geelong and Mihocek at Collingwood, so not undersized as a forward who can mark. Playing him in defense in the VFL is probably a development issue (body language, umpire complaining, continuous efforts, accountability) but he deserves a crack in the AFL and as a forward.
He may play forward (hope so) but its likely a specific role and not as a replacement to Lynch. Big pack marking, down the line marks is tough for undersized youngsters.

Also think the move to defensive was due to injuries - Nank Soldo and Lynch out brings Miller forward, while Broad Gibcus Tarrant Nyuon Brown out leaves no spare tall/medium defender.
If we lose Grimes Flossy etc now who do we have?
At least we've given Bauer time in the backline and forward so he can come in to wherever we need it

In 24 hrs we will know if Jack Bauer is playing.
kiefer sutherland fangirl challenge GIF

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
We have problems in the forwards right now so I wonder why we don't give a kid who we drafted as a forward a go
Because Bauer has a much better chance of making it as a defender at AFL level than he does as a key forward. He’s 192cm and 86kg and at that size he’d be monstered by the average opposition key defender who nearly all have significant height and weight advantage over him.

He has good mobility, skills and an excellent aerial game which makes him ideal for the third tall, intercept defender role and as a future replacement for Broad or Vlastuin. I think he’ll debut make his debut very soon and prove himself very quickly.

Because Bauer has a much better chance of making it as a defender at AFL level than he does as a key forward. He’s 192cm and 86kg and at that size he’d be monstered by the average opposition key defender who nearly all have significant height and weight advantage over him.

He has good mobility, skills and an excellent aerial game which makes him ideal for the third tall, intercept defender role and as a future replacement for Broad or Vlastuin. I think he’ll debut make his debut very soon and prove himself very quickly.
If that’s the case why keep selecting defenders , Biggy , Young , Gibcus , Brown ,Bauer , surely one or 2 could have been used on a forward

Reactions: 2 users
Bauer is not the answer. There is a reason he was picked up in the mid season draft. We're not all of a sudden going to become a finals team by introducing an MSD pick. Our problems run a lot deeper than that.

Bauer is not the answer. There is a reason he was picked up in the mid season draft. We're not all of a sudden going to become a finals team by introducing an MSD pick. Our problems run a lot deeper than that.
If we don’t get a chance to see Bauer at AFL level it’s another wasted pick and 18mth contract

If we don’t get a chance to see Bauer at AFL level it’s another wasted pick and 18mth contract
I'm sure he'll play at some stage but he is no panacea. Our problems are much greater. Lack of skill and lack of hunger for a start.

I'm sure he'll play at some stage but he is no panacea. Our problems are much greater. Lack of skill and lack of hunger for a start.
Nobody is saying he is the answer. But why draft him? We actually need a second marking player down there and there is nobody else. Just have a look at him.. . Why will he play at some stage, why not now
Jack is just exhausted as the only tall forward amongst a bunch of mids and Mansell.

Hoy him in.

No point leaving him in the 2's when we need some blokes going forward who can take a catch and cam kick a goal.

Hoy him in.

No point leaving him in the 2's when we need some blokes going forward who can take a catch and cam kick a goal.
Have a look at him by all means, but aren’t they using him in defence in the VFL? It’s baffling.

Reactions: 1 user