Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Get rid of him.
Lethargic & lazy.
Today he did something that i thought i would never see from players especially after winning 3flags.
Aarts gets the ball, he is looking for an option instead of coming in and providing one or shepherding for him. He strolls past and allows 2 Geelong players to tackle Aarts.
Just let him leave

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Backing last weeks performance up against better tall opposition was the challenge for Mabs.

Failed it.

Not a swinging voter on this guy. And against the grain still say it's not intent.

He just can't read the flight of the ball like all good talls can. It continually catches him out (pun intended)

His touch below his knees and nice skills won't make up for this.
Yep, watching him live previously his main weakness is reading the flight of the ball in the air. A few times yesterday he could have really launched at the ball but he just stood there watching unsure where the ball was going, or afraid of the contact, or both. With his athleticism and leap they would have been easy marks. Difficult to improve this part of your game unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yep, watching him live previously his main weakness is reading the flight of the ball in the air. A few times yesterday he could have really launched at the ball but he just stood there watching unsure where the ball was going, or afraid of the contact, or both. With his athleticism and leap they would have been easy marks. Difficult to improve this part of your game unfortunately.
Yep, also has very slow reaction time. Always seems to be behind his opponent in the forward line. Part of that is as you say, the inability to pick-up the flight of the ball. Some players just have that inate ability, others don't.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It looks bad when it happens. Honestly feel sometimes he's hoping someone else will jump for it. No Mabior as the tall in the vicinity that's YOUR footy. Get to the drop.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
can we just try him on the wing where hes suited, before we dump?
if nothing else hes a target which we dont have.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
No. Wing requires stamina, which Chol appears to not have.
We’ll get a Tesla engine and a battery and shove it up his @&$# and don’t turn it off until the game finishes. Or when his battery needs swapping out.
If he rests on the bench, I still want to see him zipping up and down the boundary line. Stick a LED light in his hair so we can see it’s working.
Tell him he gets a new phone if he gets in the best players
Run….

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has too long and it's time for another supporters put up with his efforts.
I cannot watch him anymore

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It was interesting that Dimma opened with Chol against Djillong. We persevered too.

Chol is getting every chance to level up.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We’ll get a Tesla engine and a battery and shove it up his @&$# and don’t turn it off until the game finishes. Or when his battery needs swapping out.
If he rests on the bench, I still want to see him zipping up and down the boundary line. Stick a LED light in his hair so we can see it’s working.
Tell him he gets a new phone if he gets in the best players
Run….
I think he's got more than enough phones :))

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
It was interesting that Dimma opened with Chol against Djillong. We persevered too.

Chol is getting every chance to level up.
We did the same against the Lions and it worked well. I have no doubt that's why we persevered with Geelong. I don't think we'll be persevering against the Dockers.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We did the same against the Lions and it worked well. I have no doubt that's why we persevered with Geelong. I don't think we'll be persevering against the Dockers.
The Fat Kid is injured (and drinking his own bath water) and Meek is pretty cumbersome, tl.

Mabior uses ground game against dinosaurs. That's his strength. (Smart coaches play a smaller ruck on him. Longmuir will have a plan.)

BTW Pearce is an aerial battler and Logue falls off the toilet. Mabs might get a suitable matchup. That said Fatty and Meek are a good emerging combo.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
In this thread: thought-out plans to fly a ship to Mars knowing there’s no fuel for takeoff.

Competitiveness is non-negotiable.

Mabs came to the club a fair distance behind and needed to make more progress than the zero progress he’s shown so far.

Need to order some space fuel before purchasing supplies for colonisation. Maybe try amazon?