Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Agree with the learned posters above re ending the farce.

Get him in as the sub. I think we have something here.

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Often looked above the level when I tuned into the VFA. A couple of late bungles from a tired player but, yeah. Nice debut.

And he runs. Runners make good subs. (Not to mention good footballers.) I'm on the Coul-farce-train!

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Love the thought of when Coulthard and Clarke are our small forwards and kicking at goal our players can head back to thier stating positions , not spreading out across the half back line

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Love the thought of when Coulthard and Clarke are our small forwards and kicking at goal our players can head back to thier stating positions , not spreading out across the half back line
I’ve got high hopes for Seth Campbell.
I’m praying for a high half forward Alan Didak type who’s good in the air and good on the ground.
Only saw a quarter and a half in a practice match. That was all I needed. I’m in first class on the Campbell train.
Don’t mind Cool Magool either

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m praying for a high half forward Alan Didak type who’s good in the air and good on the ground.
Only saw a quarter and a half in a practice match. That was all I needed. I’m in first class on the Campbell train.
I’d be lucky to have seen 5 minutes of the boy , glad your fan DA

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yep. Campbell is fave.
Cant wait to see him injury free and playing games

Reactions: 4 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I’ll join you in first class of the Seth Campbell train. 10.6 and 32 disposals as a 17 year old even thought it was only TSL league, that’s impressive. His training and his practice games also impressive. Pity he’s missed his first year with injury but I think he will prove to be a very good pick up.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought the footage of that goal he kicked on sunday

was a shane edwards junior highlight clip

coaltrain, campbell, clark, ryan, Sonz, balta, shai, bakes, gibbo, danny, TT, Hopper

All have one thing in common: they have at least 6 years of footy in their bodies and theyre footballers

Thats half a side, coming down the other side of Mt.dynasty.

Thats cause for great optimism,

Especially with an innovative new coach in the offing

We just need to maintain our 50% strike rate Taking 7-8 players a year at the next 3 draft years

To have 22 footballers capable of winning the flag in 2027

I do think we need to buy a 24yo FF

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Good game today and I’d say his a sneaky chance to come in for Mansell
Coulthard will have one of his 'Brothers' for company in the fwd line that the MC will be tempted to rush back even though he was in poor form before being injured.
I look forward to seeing both live today, but especially Coulthard's game sense, I think he has a higher footy IQ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Looked quite good today. Got involved.
Good user, moved well and made good decisions.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looked quite good today. Got involved.
Good user, moved well and made good decisions.
Yep, gets to the right spots, a good crumber, good little tackler. Another game or two like that and he's a good chance of debuting.

"Matthew Coulthard has fitted into life at Tigerland seamlessly and showed his spring on the outer wing, which led to Mykelti Lefau goaling from close range.

Sandringham clung to a narrow five-point lead at the first change, which was quickly eroded by Bigoa Nyuon and Coulthard.

Coulthard rode shot gun and was handed the ball by Nyuon in the goal square, ramming through Richmond’s third major.

Coulthard snapped the mini-drought following a composed pass by Banks to find the small forward free at the top of the goal square.

Kaelan Bradtke was the final link of an impressive Richmond back-half chain which saw Coulthard leave a herd of Zebras in his wake.

Bradtke found himself free on the goalline once again, as Tom Brindley and Coulthard shared the ball inside 50 and unselfishly handed the Tigers’ big man his second major."

Richmond: Olden (2), Coulthard (2), Bradtke (2), Melville, Lefau, Johnson, Hicks, Faimalo, Banks.

Best Players: Banks, Brown, Coulthard, Dow, Trezise, Johnson.