Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Classic Clarke pick up. Struggle to hit a target , No flair. Very vanilla

Reactions: 1 user
Classic Clarke pick up. Struggle to hit a target , No flair. Very vanilla
Totally agree. Everyone kept saying how he was the bolter in his draft, but Soligo has totally gone past him. Clarke missed it. In fact Clarke had 3 chances to grab Soligo but selected Sonsie, Banks & Clark.
Imagine having TT, Hopper, with Soligo and Kano coming through.

Reactions: 3 users
He’s fast running out of last chances. Doesn’t play like his AFL spot is on the line. Some of these kids need to have a look at the likely number of turnovers at the end of this year and pull their collective fingers out. It’s later than they think.

Totally agree. Everyone kept saying how he was the bolter in his draft, but Soligo has totally gone past him. Clarke missed it. In fact Clarke had 3 chances to grab Soligo but selected Sonsie, Banks & Clark.
Imagine having TT, Hopper, with Soligo and Kano coming through.
How many clubs passed on Soligo? Clearly we weren't the only club who had others rated higher.
Maybe, just maybe, it's not about 17 other clubs recruiters, but a kid called Soligo working his ass off and some good assistants at Adelaide getting the best out of him?

Reactions: 10 users
Not one centre bounce attended. I wonder why aren’t we giving him time on the ball? Can only think Yze doesn’t believe he can do it.
He's too soft. If only he was as soft as Dow he might be a chance. He's Short level soft.

Reactions: 2 users
He's too soft. If only he was as soft as Dow he might be a chance. He's Short level soft.
He’s not big. Could it be a confidence thing? Needs time to grow, get more solid, feel he belongs. Like Hugo is getting harder and more willing to throw himself in.

Reactions: 3 users
Not one centre bounce attended. I wonder why aren’t we giving him time on the ball? Can only think Yze doesn’t believe he can do it.
The fact they keep playing Dow in front of him is not a high endorsement.

Sonz needs to get some energy and vigor into his game

Reactions: 1 user
I mentioned on here that I had concerns after he had over 30 touches in the reserves that he wouldn't be played in the middle once he was promoted. Unfortunately it looks like I was right.

Now is the year to play him in the middle to see if he has got what it takes. *smile* me to tears when a young player kills it at the lower level, and we then promote him and proceed to play him in another role.

We know what Dows ceiling is. Replace his role with Sonsie and see what he has got to offer.

Reactions: 14 users
I mentioned on here that I had concerns after he had over 30 touches in the reserves that he wouldn't be played in the middle once he was promoted. Unfortunately it looks like I was right.

Now is the year to play him in the middle to see if he has got what it takes. *smile* me to tears when a young player kills it at the lower level, and we then promote him and proceed to play him in another role.

We know what Dows ceiling is. Replace his role with Sonsie and see what he has got to offer.
Different type of player, trouble is that you'd need Dow to get the ball outside to Sonz. Even at VFL a much more open level Sonz regularly sets up behind his opponent at clearances then sags off as the ball is bounced hoping the ball will be tapped out in his direction and is totally irrelevant if this doesn't happen. He can play when there's a loose ball to pounce on or he can burst through a bit of space, even looks good sometimes when he hovers in the right place and lays a tackle on some opponent who's only just found the hard ball. Wants to play midfield then he needs to be able to get the knees dirty, n cauliflower ears n hunt the hard ball. Reckon half forward or half back flank is easily the best option for him to learn n build through, he's got the timing, balance n skills to be a set up n distribute type player. Gotta grow from there, still young and inexperienced so it's head down n arse up, similar to Raaalllph's first few years.

Reactions: 1 users
Different type of player, trouble is that you'd need Dow to get the ball outside to Sonz. Even at VFL a much more open level Sonz regularly sets up behind his opponent at clearances then sags off as the ball is bounced hoping the ball will be tapped out in his direction and is totally irrelevant if this doesn't happen. He can play when there's a loose ball to pounce on or he can burst through a bit of space, even looks good sometimes when he hovers in the right place and lays a tackle on some opponent who's only just found the hard ball. Wants to play midfield then he needs to be able to get the knees dirty, n cauliflower ears n hunt the hard ball. Reckon half forward or half back flank is easily the best option for him to learn n build through, he's got the timing, balance n skills to be a set up n distribute type player. Gotta grow from there, still young and inexperienced so it's head down n arse up, similar to Raaalllph's first few years.
Yep, people writing him off too early. That's not to say he will make it but he has a great tool box and he is probably a slow burn type player. We are crying out for players with skills and he has them. I liked some of his distribution by hand on Saturday night even though he didn't get a lot of the ball.
Love to see him follow a guy like Dion Prestia like a shadow. Dion became over time a great mix of inside and outside and if he can get to any where near that level it would be great because his footskills are probably better than Dion's.

Reactions: 4 users